University of Phoenix

48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2009.

Interview Details – Easiest interview ever. You basically have a simple phone interview. Then you come in and meet with a few managers and conduct a mock phone counseling session.

Interview Question – Do you have any planned absences in the next 90 days. They asked this a lot for some reason.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for enrollment counselor role. $33K, take it or leave it.

Tempe, AZ

The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a recruiter contact me for a telephone interview and she was very energetic, informative and asked many situational questions. When I was through with that she scheduled me for a group/panel interview 3 days later. When I arrived I was sent into a conference type room to wait. Then I was escorted through the floor and into a tiny office with three people. I met with them for apx. 20 minutes where they asked me about 10-15 situational type questions. Two of the interviewers seemed to like my answers and the 3rd kept interrupting my answers asking for clarification which would get me off track mid answer. This interviewer then escorted me out making some odd comment under her breath. Within 24 hours I got an impersonal form email saying that I had not been chosen.

Interview Question – How have you handled a clog in the pipe line, when dealing with customer service related problems?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2009.

Interview Details – long and detailed

Interview Question – how would you build rapport with a potential student   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – misleading this is a sales job not counseling

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted 2.5wks after I submitted my resume. Group interview waited 3 days to be called for a second. Time between group interview and 2nd interview was 2.5wks. Had 2nd interview and 2wks later they called to tell me I did not make it round 3 of interviews. I feel that they play games during the interview process. I was early for second interview and they were late. The questions I asked felt more like I was interviewing for a used car sales person not an enrollment counselor. I feel the two men interviewing me were not professional between the eye rolls and sighs.

Interview Questions

• How are you prepared to sell the University of Phoenix?   Answer Question
  • What are some of the reasons a prospective student would not attend the University of Phoenix?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

South Florida, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied 4 separate times for the position. Finally got a call. Telelphone interview 5 min. Passed that and was told I will be contacted for the next level of the interview.

Merrillville, IN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview Details – I found the position opening on the Apollo Group's website (www.apollogrp.edu), and I applied by submitting a resume and cover letter. A month or two later, I received a phone call and went through with a thirty-minute initial phone screening/interview (though the person on the other end claimed that the call would only take ten minutes of my time). The phone interview was awkward, especially since I was speaking with someone from the corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and also since the questions were predetermined and obviously not in reaction to my experience or qualifications.

I was ultimately selected for an in-person interview at the Merrillville, Indiana, campus a week later after scheduling the interview with a woman from Minnesota. I met with the hiring manager and a senior enrollment counselor at the Merrillville, Indiana, campus a week later. Both were surprisingly stern and emotionless, which made it difficult to gauge their reactions to my answers. I answered with enthusiasm and clarity, though I am unsure whether this approach was appreciated. The questions were very standard and predetermined. Two weeks after this interview, I received an e-mail from the woman in Minnesota in which they wrote, "Though you have many professional qualities, we have selected the most qualified person for this position."

Ouch.

Interview Question – Please rate these four concepts in order of importance: work ethic, winning culture, positive attitude, and (can't remember the last one). Please explain why you list them in this order.   View Answer

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview Details – I recieved a call from recruiter, answered general questions about why I would like to work for position. Offered the opportunity to do a group interview, learned about the company, specifics about the position an had to give a three minute presentation about myself and why I would be the best candidate in front of other interviewers. One day later was invited to a panel interview, more interview questions, afterwards the manager stated that they would call back in one week with contingent offer based on passing background check which will take ten days to come back. I am excited about working for Phoenix!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Learn about the company, dress professionally, and practice your presentation to make sure that you do not go over your time limit,

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by University of Phoenix with a phone interview and the next day I had to join a group interview. I did not have enough time to prepare for the presentation or the interview and I shouldn't have scheduled it for the next day knowing thaat I was unprepared. Others in the interview didn't seem to prepared either.

Interview Question – Why do want to work for the University of Phoenix?   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online. Referred by a employee who forwarded my resume to a recruiter. I later received a email to schedule a telephone interview which took place as scheduled.

An in-person interview was scheduled. Potential recruits & I watched a company a video, took a tour, and performed individual telephone roll plays related to the job position. Lastly, was a personal interview with a hiring manager.

Overall, I felt the interview was exciting, initial the telephone interview will prepare you for in-person interview process so listen well during the telephone recruiters instructions. During the in-person interview it is the telephone roll play is what will get you to a the personal interview with a hiring manager. Only another potential and myself made it to this phase of the interview after our roll plays.

Interview Question – roll play student-
Why should I enroll as a student to your school instead of XYZ school?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate as far as pay, it is given up front during telephone interview. Work hours are negotiable, but business needs give 4 options to choose from. Do a background on the position and company needs before applying.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call from the corporate recruiter and answered a few relatively easy questions (e.g. why do you want to work for UOP, etc.) and was granted a group interview. I had to give a 2 minute sales pitch on why I should be hired in front of the rest of the group. We were told that 5 out of 22 interviewees would get the job. The next step was a panel interview followed by a 1 on 1 interview with the enrollment manager. I got an offer like 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate salary. I was able to negotiate start date for training.