University of Phoenix

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

Group interview - When I arrived to the group meeting there was no facilitator, once she arrived she said to mingle with other potential candidates. This was obviously a behavioral analysis. Later we had to present and speak about another individuals qualifications

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

I sought out University of Phoenix at a Career Fair. I was directed to a Temp Agency that they use for hiring. I contacted the temp agency and without any review of my resume I was invited to the group interview. I thought this was strange but grateful to make a first impression. I had a 1-2min speech about myself prepared which got me the interview with 2 supervisors at Univerisity of Phoenix. In the mean time, I had to meet with the temp agency multiple times to get registered with them since I would have to work through them for the first 3 months. I felt this aspect of the hiring and training process was unprofessional and demeaning. The interview with the supervisors went well-questions ranged from up front to situational, nothing out of the norm. I never again heard back from the University of Phoenix, but had all correspondence through the temp agency, which again I did not agree with. After the interview, I was chosen for a back ground check which basically meant I would be offered the position. I was offered the position about 2 weeks later over the phone by the temp agency and was told to start in 2 weeks at the main campus.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something you would like to change about your personality   Answer Question
    • How would you handle dealing with a disgruntled employee or unmotivated co-worker?   Answer Question

I felt was over qualified for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2009.

Very thorough... As a job candidate, you should know the background and current status of the company or organization that you are interviewing with. This includes knowing its mission statement, product line or services, size, growth, success, failure, marketing, future products or goals, etc. Familiarization with the organization’s website is also essential.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect that your skills and experience would add value to our organization?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you’re qualified for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2008.

I had to prepare a mini workshop (topic of my choice) and train the panel.

Interview Questions
    • providing three adjectives that describe my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

I had been offered another position with a different company a week before UoP made an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2008.

After posting my resume online, I was contacted by a corporate recruitor from the Orange County campus who was assisting the San Diego Campus staffing needs. A group interview was scheduled, and I made travel plans from Northern California to attend. The group interview was interactive, highlighted interviewing and presentation skills. A callback was placed a couple of days later, and a one-on-one interview was scheduled with the Director of Admissions. An offer was placed a week later. People & management are friendly, and production was the main emphasis.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

I only had one interview and it lasted maybe about 10 minutes. I know this isn't typical for most of their interviews, but for some reason the manager really liked me off the bat and knew he wanted to hire me in that short time. Come to find out, he wasn't a great manager at all. So it'd probably be better to have a manager who asked more engaged questions.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, it was very simple and quick, but had questions like "what are your greatest strengths", etc... just some very basic, generic questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for pay back then. At that time, they had a set salary and then you made commission % at a 6 month review for how your enrollment numbers were.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interviewer spent most of the time talking about themselves and their accomplishments, both prior to and during their time at the company. This made for a very interesting interview. Then the person choose to talk about the fact that he knew people from my prior company and then described his interactions with them. It was a very strange interview.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

I ama student with UOP and had asked my academic advisor to put me in as a referral for the enrollment counselor position when one opened up at my local campus. I got a call about an interview at a campus more than an hours drive away but told the hiring manager that I would rather tajke a position at a campus closest to me. They called me two months later for an interview. I was told that it would be a group assessment and a face to face interview. It is today

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable spending half the day talking to potential students on the phone?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any sales experiecnce?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Was called by phone and interviewed. After this, was asked to come in for a group interview- a presentation of why I would be best for the position. 3 Min max time allowed. There were about 15 people at this presentation. After, they said they would be calling back those who would move to second interview. I was called. This was a group interview with managers who asked detailed questions about my work experience and how I would handle specific situations. i am currently waiting to hear back as they are doing the background check which can take up to 3 weeks to complete. If selected the training is out of town for 2 weeks with one week in between at the home office.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

This is a sales position- not a counseling posistion. It is a call center atmosphere. It was not what I expected or what I was looking for.
    Interviewer ask what I knew of University of Phoenix, how I heard of the position and why I would be a good fit for the company.