University of Phoenix

Getting the Interview

48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Enrollment Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview described the salary range wich was 35000 to 40000 .
They also asked a lot of brain teaser questions that were difficult to awnswer in my opion.
Like what is the least effective way to manage people?
They also wanted me to give examples of things on my resume.
I dont feel i did very well because i have not heard anything yet.
PS the person giving the interview was not friendly and made me feel very uncofortable

Interview Question – What is the best way to manage people?   View Answers (3)

Enrollment Counselor

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2009.

Interview Details – 1. A recruiter will contact me for a prescreening conversation
2. I was e-mailed forms that your to to complete before the interview
3. I was brought in for an interview, unknown to me, this consisted of a panel interview and the panel asking me question and writing down my response
4. The panel left me in the room and then said they had to set out to talk
5. The manager stated they would contact me and let me know since they had others to interview for the position
6. I received a phone call later that same day askig for another interview would then consist of a presentation

Interview Question – (Approximate phrasing) How long would you plan on staying with us, if we hire you on?   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

Interview Details – I sought out University of Phoenix at a Career Fair. I was directed to a Temp Agency that they use for hiring. I contacted the temp agency and without any review of my resume I was invited to the group interview. I thought this was strange but grateful to make a first impression. I had a 1-2min speech about myself prepared which got me the interview with 2 supervisors at Univerisity of Phoenix. In the mean time, I had to meet with the temp agency multiple times to get registered with them since I would have to work through them for the first 3 months. I felt this aspect of the hiring and training process was unprofessional and demeaning. The interview with the supervisors went well-questions ranged from up front to situational, nothing out of the norm. I never again heard back from the University of Phoenix, but had all correspondence through the temp agency, which again I did not agree with. After the interview, I was chosen for a back ground check which basically meant I would be offered the position. I was offered the position about 2 weeks later over the phone by the temp agency and was told to start in 2 weeks at the main campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you would like to change about your personality   Answer Question
  • How would you handle dealing with a disgruntled employee or unmotivated co-worker?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I felt was over qualified for the job.

Austin, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very thorough... As a job candidate, you should know the background and current status of the company or organization that you are interviewing with. This includes knowing its mission statement, product line or services, size, growth, success, failure, marketing, future products or goals, etc. Familiarization with the organization’s website is also essential.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect that your skills and experience would add value to our organization?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you’re qualified for this job?   View Answer

Enrollment Counselor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2009.

Interview Details – You and the other candidates are interviewed in a group setting. You are told a bit about the company and what the job entails. Then you are asked to give a presentation in front of the other candidates. You are to present as though you are talking with a potential student.

Interview Question – No real questions during the first interview. You have to give a presentation in front of the other candidates and the two people doing the interview.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This is a telemarketing job. It is a great job for someone with no or limited sales experience.

Enrollment Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2009.

Interview Details – Attended a group assessment where information on the job was provided, asked to perform a skit in front of the group promoting someone else for the position (to observe your sales skills), asked to leave resume with panel of observing managers if still interested. called back for 1on1 interview if they liked you in the group assessment.....

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral based questions like: Tell me of a time.... How would you handle a workplace conflict.... What do you anticipate this job to be like on a day to day basis....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No neg. It started at $34k...bottom line

Very Easy Interview

Enrollment Counselor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – The interviewer spent most of the time talking about themselves and their accomplishments, both prior to and during their time at the company. This made for a very interesting interview. Then the person choose to talk about the fact that he knew people from my prior company and then described his interactions with them. It was a very strange interview.

Interview Question – Do you know who I know that knows you?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2009.

Interview Details – 1st Stage: Group interview where everyone had to present.
2nd Stage: Had to submit an assignment by calling a centralized number.
3rd Stage: Panel interview

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were able to have a positive impact on the action of others.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another offer

Enrollment Counselor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview Details – This is a sales position- not a counseling posistion. It is a call center atmosphere. It was not what I expected or what I was looking for.
Interviewer ask what I knew of University of Phoenix, how I heard of the position and why I would be a good fit for the company.

Very Difficult Interview

Enrollment Counselor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was called by phone and interviewed. After this, was asked to come in for a group interview- a presentation of why I would be best for the position. 3 Min max time allowed. There were about 15 people at this presentation. After, they said they would be calling back those who would move to second interview. I was called. This was a group interview with managers who asked detailed questions about my work experience and how I would handle specific situations. i am currently waiting to hear back as they are doing the background check which can take up to 3 weeks to complete. If selected the training is out of town for 2 weeks with one week in between at the home office.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Phoenix