University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview

I ama student with UOP and had asked my academic advisor to put me in as a referral for the enrollment counselor position when one opened up at my local campus. I got a call about an interview at a campus more than an hours drive away but told the hiring manager that I would rather tajke a position at a campus closest to me. They called me two months later for an interview. I was told that it would be a group assessment and a face to face interview. It is today

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable spending half the day talking to potential students on the phone?   Answer Question
  • Have you had any sales experiecnce?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview

Was called by phone and interviewed. After this, was asked to come in for a group interview- a presentation of why I would be best for the position. 3 Min max time allowed. There were about 15 people at this presentation. After, they said they would be calling back those who would move to second interview. I was called. This was a group interview with managers who asked detailed questions about my work experience and how I would handle specific situations. i am currently waiting to hear back as they are doing the background check which can take up to 3 weeks to complete. If selected the training is out of town for 2 weeks with one week in between at the home office.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview

This is a sales position- not a counseling posistion. It is a call center atmosphere. It was not what I expected or what I was looking for. Interviewer ask what I knew of University of Phoenix, how I heard of the position and why I would be a good fit for the company.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview

Pleasant phone interview with a woman from Arizona and then several back and forth calls with the regional training director to schedule a face to face. She was pleasant and very accommodating. Looking forward to the next interview and hopefully employment with this company.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview

Originally had a telephone interview/screening. Was then set up for a group interview and told a few other UOP employees would be involved. Taken back to a class type setting and each candidate had to give an intro speech as to why he/she was the best candidate for the job. Before that, we were given an overview of the company and a bit of info about the position. Were given some very high quotas expected to reach each month to recruit folks to the program. Folks in charge, seemed very nice, but not sure how much was for real or not, but they had each been with the company for a good while. Did not feel this was a good match for me b/c of the HIGH quotas expected to be reached and told your evaluation was based on this as well as other measurables that would be reviewed for pay increases, etc. (and if you were to stay on board). They seem to have a fair amt of turnover, which I believe is due to the pressure on the counselors. You are not so much a "counselor" as you are in sales for the company. It was one of the oddest interview set ups I have ever been in. They then said they would do second round interviews on the spot with final candidates. Left the room to make their picks and then called about 3 at a time out of the room, came in and called another three, and so on. When you got to the parking lot, you saw several of the others in their cars leaving and knew they too were dismissed. Whomever they chose had to leave in two weeks for three weeks of mandatory training - two out of town and one in town at the local facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are the best candidate for the job.   1 Answer

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted two days after I submitted my resume. The initial phone interview took 15 minutes and was fairly generic. The interviewer seemed very concerned with a candidate's attitude towards management and motivation factors. From reviews I have on others sites, I am assuming this was of great importance because of the relative lack of experience held by lower level managers. It was clear they were looking for sheep that will put their heads down and do as they are told.

Interview Questions

• What qualities would you like to see in an effective manager?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2010.

Interview

For me, it was a first and the craziest thing. There were 5 interviewees and a panel of 3. They had us split into teams and do a skit that represented a 30 sec commercial to try to get rid of 10,000 washer machines. We could use whatever scenario we wanted. I know it showed creativity and outgoingness but, it wasn't truly an interview at all. Nobody ever talked to us one on one or anything. Just crazy!

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2010.

Interview

First I applied online and within a couple of days i was called by the guy who was going to be performing the interview. He asked me If i knew it was a sales position? What my salary requirements are? and if i was comfortable making lots of phone calls every day? He also mentioned that it would be a group interview and told me where to meet. When i arrived there was 15 others where we had 1 min to tell a little about ourselves and 1 min to tell why we would be right for the job. They then told us congratulations you made it this far but now only one of you will be getting the job. He then told us all about the company and the position we had applied for, after which he said if anyone wanted to leave now was the time. We then got into groups of three and had to write down was to overcome the 3 main objections people have on the phone: No money, Fear, and No time. After we shared our answers she then asked each one of us one Interview question. My question was why would i be better for the job then the others? At the end he said they would let us know within 3 days whether we got the position or not. The next day i got a phone call asking me to come in for follow up interview with the manager at the location. Firs when we arrived there was 2 other people there from the interview we were told that at the end of the interview we would be getting some "homework" . we then were told more about the position and did some more group activities like ranking different charchteristics from 1 to 10. At the end they called the first guy outside to get his "homework" . The manager then came back in and told me and the other person we had made it to the one on one interviews. So I then went into another room to interview with the 3 of the managers at the UOP. When i was done interview they told me they would be doing a background check and would get back to me when it came back. Within 2 weeks they called me back offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why UOP is the best school for working adults?   1 Answer

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position online. 2 weeks later, I recieved a phone call from Arizona. I am a current student of UOP so naturally, I thought it was one of my counselors. The interviewer was very nice but firm with the expectations of the position. The questions were rigorous and caught me completely off guard since I did not realize I was going to be doing a phone interview at that moment. I didn't have time to prepare much, but thankfully, I am very creative and managed my way through. I received via email forms to complete and bring to the upcoming group interview. I will have to do a 5 minute presentation, and role play. Wish me luck. :)

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2009.

Interview

Attended a group assessment where information on the job was provided, asked to perform a skit in front of the group promoting someone else for the position (to observe your sales skills), asked to leave resume with panel of observing managers if still interested. called back for 1on1 interview if they liked you in the group assessment.....

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral based questions like: Tell me of a time.... How would you handle a workplace conflict.... What do you anticipate this job to be like on a day to day basis....   Answer Question

Negotiation

No neg. It started at $34k...bottom line