University of Phoenix

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2013.

Interview Details – Send in your resume and work as a counselor and enroll student, get promoted

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a manager? How does that make you feel?   Answer Question

Enrollment Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2013.

Interview Details – Typically 3 rounds of interviews, if you are from outside the organization. They have 'career progression' staff that help with the initial stages of the hiring process. Do not be alarmed if it takes a while for people to get back to you.

Interview Question – All questions are behavioral based.... such as, tell me a time when you.........   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – There is an personality test that you do on a computer first. If you meet the standards for that assessment, you will then be given a phone interview. If you meet those standards, you will then be granted a face-to-face interview with several directors. The questions are behavior based. They don't ask the "what would you if..." questions. The interview process is designed to prove you have the skills and competencies to work effectively within the organization. Either you have them or you don't. If you make it to the face-to-face, you have a pretty good chance.

Interview Question – The interview process has changed since I went through it so many years ago. Just be prepared to give examples of what you have already done to address or work through the situations they ask about. Don't be afraid to show that you are not perfect. Don't come with canned answers either.   Answer Question

Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – You will have had at least a Met Expectations on your performance as an enrollment counselor to be considered for an interview. Nowadays, you have to submit your resume' to corporate office and this may take a very long time as, to my knowledge, they receive hundreds of resumes' of candidates. Nevertheless, UOPX has many campuses that hire and keep a pipeline of candidates for management position/s. The reason being is employee turnover (i.e promotion, termination, lateral movement, demotion etc.,.). For your resume' to stand out, it has to be up-to-date, clear, formatted accordingly, with catchy personal statement, and definitely consisting of truthfully stellar and relevant work experience. If you make it to the initial interview, you have to be at least 15 minutes early, and will be asked with mostly situational questions to uncover your true behavior, outlook, personality, and intelligence. Usually, you will meet with at least 2 interviewers in management positions, and if they end up liking you, then you will highly likely proceed to another interview (with upper management), and perhaps a presentation, unless there is another qualified candidate who seemed to have astounded them more than you did. Depending on the campus and the type of management position (upper, middle, high) will also determine how many phases of interview you will have. They are very subjective also--so make sure you appear in your best interview attire, smile, confidence, and great tone/energy. Managers are expected to be motivating, energetic, and approachable, so ask people around you to rate your ability to motivate others, your friendliness, and your energy, so you can make the necessary adjustment before showing up for the interview. I say all these things because I, along with my peers, did most, if not all, of the interviews at my old UOPX Campus and we had come across so many highly-credentialed candidates that we did not consider for the position because they were either arrogant, boring, deficient of confidence, or simply improperly dressed.

Interview Question – The questions really are not technical. Questions are more creative and requires nothing but common sense, critical thinking, and personal approach on how one address an issue to an employee, how one deescalate a situation, how one motivates an employee to be productive in a deadline-sensitive environment, what recommendations you would give someone who is already doing superb, and how you assist someone under-performing to exceed expectations, just to name a few. Every one has a different approach, mentality, and it all depends on how you present yourself in answering these questions. The questions are related to customer service and employee management particularly. It is all about your soft skills, because you got called for an interview assuming you already have the hard credentials in place (degree, experience in an academic institution, hardware and software skills). Just have fun and be yourself!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Every campus has a different budget so depending on the campus will determine the salary range, so it is important that you specifically address this question. Be ready to ask for the high/er/est range and be able to justify why you need to be in that range (i.e relocation, current pay, your excellent performance, etc.,)

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2012.

Interview Details – Four Behavioral interview questions where you must be very specific in your answers to match with a specific competency. Initial phone interview conducted by staff recruiter then followed by interview with hiring manager where additional behavioral interview questions are asked.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Enrollment Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple interview/ had too make a presentation in front of a panel of 10 /

Interview Question – conflict resolution/ how would you deal with a team member that creating a hostile environment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation / review every 6 months pay can go up or down

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!