University of Phoenix

Profile Unclaimed

University of Phoenix Finance Advisor Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Applied Online and compeleted an assessment. Recieved a call from an HR Business Partner and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two managers. The interview went pretty well once I figured out how to get to the building - no driving or parking instructions were provided by HR nor were any phone numbers to call should I need assistance - the interview lasted about an hour and I felt excited when I left. I was called the next day and offered a position contingent upon a background check. The check took about 10 days and then I was called and told I would be contacted with a start date - originally I was told the start date would be November 4 - then I was told it might be November 18th - ultimately I started on 12/2/2013. The time between my first offer and actually getting a start date was three weeks - I really wondered if I actually had a job or not - but once I got my start date I felt a little better - even though it was still another month before I finally got working.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe a time when you had to convince someone to make a difficult decision. What did you say or do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
There is no negotiation for salary - they tell you upfront so you know what to expect before you even get an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Finance Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Telephone interview with an HR representative followed by a face-to-face interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, all employees start at the same rate for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2011.

Once applied online had to complete a skills test, than if that was passed I was contacted for a phone interview from Human Resources. From that point was scheduled for group interview that had 3 people interviewing me and than the next day I was called and offered the position.

Salary was non-negotiable and this was made clear from the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview process was amazing! The person that I had was truly on the ball, and lively. Made me fell comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, the questions were pretty straight forward. Typical interview questions that you would get pretty much any where. However, do your homework, research the company, and be prepared to ask questions. That is what the interview is really all about. They are looking to see what you can bring to the table by making them think.   Answer Question
    At the time there was really no negotiation phase. The pay was straight forward. However, once you have your degree and/or if you have your degree that pay increases radically.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2009.

I went through the hiring process as long time ago, but the new process is all behavioral based questions. They concentrate on hearing different competencies in your responses. Just research behavioral based questions and you'll be good. They treat it like you are applying to be the President of the United States, but yeah, you are applying to an entry level position so you are in the right place. I think the whole purpose of it is to make sure that they are choosing people that can put up with the crappy pay for as long as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager, tell us about a time when you had to motivate someone, tell us about a time when you had to get in the middle of a disagreement between team members, tell us about a time when you had to set a goal for yourself, what was the outcome. Those are they types of questions.   Answer Question
    Yeah, that's a joke, there is no negotiation, it's take it or leave it. As any advisor position you start at $38500 and you get the same benefits as everyone else.