University of Phoenix

Updated Jun 3, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

This was 7 years ago but I was called randomly after posting my resume on another site. I walked into a "ballroom" on the day of my interview and sat with two people who asked me behavior based questions. I was emailed a test to take at home. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember but they are pretty common questions referring to difficult times you had with a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    You can't negotiate for these positions. You hardly get raises that account for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

2 interviews. 1 phone, 1 in person.
    phone interview was just an easy screening. asked very basic behavioral questions. took no more than 15 min.
    next interview was in person with hiring manager. Questions were targeted towards your retention and customer service skills.
    "if you were a personal trainer and one of your clients wanted to quit, what would you tell them?" This obviously shows how good you are at retaining customers (in this case students that want to quit their program)

Interview Questions
    • "if you were any kind of fruit, what would you be and why?"   Answer Question
    Received a phone call a few days later from the recruiter. The offer was a lot lower than I expected for an "advisor" role but after working there I realized its more of a phone-based customer service role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2012.

During a 3 week period, I applied, had to take an online assessment, was called for a phone interview, had an in-person interview with 2 managers, and was offered a postion the next day pending a background check. Overall, despite being extensive, it was a very positive experience. I thought everyone I interacted with was very kind, unlike what I read from previous reviewers.

The interviews are made up of behavioral interview questions. Take your time. I had a good 3 minute pause before I answered one question. They are seeing how you "reacted" in the given situation. They aren't difficult questions, it is just sometimes hard to think of an event from your past to answer it.

I also asked 3 questions at the end of the interview. "What are some challenges can I expect in this position?" "What are the career paths I can take if offered this position?" It is important that you seem interested in this company. "How much will I make?" is not a good question.

Finally, SMILE! It truly is contagious.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you had to go out of your way to help a customer or coworker?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you had difficulties with time management?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The pay was good, so I was fine with that.