University of Phoenix

207 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Enrollment Representative Interview

Enrollment Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – I have applied for 2 positions, one is still in the loop. the other one got rejected.

Submitted a resume online, and received an online assignment email next day. I took the online tests and they sent me an auto-rejection email a weeks after.

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – They often hire if you have a connection. They call you and and you come in for one interview and then you go through a process of screening that takes a long time ( approximately three weeks to a month) then they call you and offer you the job.

Interview Question – I am a gym member who is thinking of leaving, convince me to stay.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non, you take what they offer.

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Question – Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Director of Enrollment Interview

Director of Enrollment

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate so my previous performance was looked at before I was considered for the position. The first round was on the phone, then I was flown to Atlanta, GA for an interview with the Campus Director. I was then showed around the campus and met with the peers I would be working with.

Interview Question – How would I handle an irate counselor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Question – Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Question – Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2010.

Interview Details – It can take a while once you apply. It usually about two months between your application and training start date. There was an initial phone interview, a written assessment, and then an in person interview which was a large cattle call type interview. That process has since changed

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for salary. Everyone starts at the same salary

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2013.

Interview Details – You apply electronically through their website and if selected, receive an invitation to take a series of tests to assess your supposed suitability for the job. If you make it past this screening, you receive an email invitation for a phone interview, which, if successful, leads to a final face-to-face interview (I've heard of some people having a phone interview as their final interview).

I made it through to the final, face-to-face interview. The phone interview was brutal, lasting about an hour. My head hurt afterward. The questions are of the "behavioral" interview classification, where they ask you to elaborate on scenarios where you demonstrated and performed a certain way in the workplace. Example: "Describe a time where you were forced to make a decision at work you didn't want to make. What was your thought process and what was the decision?"

The final interview was more of the same, and you're told this in the phone interview. I had read reviews of final interviews lasting more than an hour, so when mine was less than that I didn't take it as a good sign - although I was relieved it was over. Too much to endure for such an entry-level position! I knew I was over-qualified walking in (so did my interviewers) and I was already an instructor with the University so I didn't know what they expected - they knew my work history from my resume and phone interview so I have no idea why they would even interview me further knowing they wouldn't hire me. I have several friends in other states who have gone on numerous interviews to no avail as well, and everyone knows this is a call-center type of job, with quotas, in a call-center environment with a lot of turnover. What on earth could they be looking for? My interviewers and I both knew it was a job I could do in my sleep.

Interview Question – The questions were all of the same level of difficulty. My example above: "Describe a time where you were forced to make a decision at work you didn't want to make. What was your thought process and what was the decision?" Having to sift through many positions in my work history over the years to come up with this exact scenario from that one job, and then expound on it, was exhausting. This is a better position, I think, for a recent grad who hasn't worked too many previous jobs.   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Interview Details – After completing app, I had to take a two part online test. I was emailed about a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked a few questions then told to expect a call for an in person interview. The in person interview was a few days later with two really nice ladies. It was only 5 questions. Both interviews were behavioral interviews. Nothing too complicated.

Interview Question – Tell about a time that you had to resolve conflict   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online the day after the position opened. The day after I applied I received an email to complete the first stage of the hiring process which is the online assessment. The next day, a Friday, I received an email saying that I passed the assessment and was asked to do an phone interview the following Monday. My phone interview went awesome. I studied the behavior question that other left on Glassdoor so I breezed right through it. A couple of hours later a call saying that they wanted to move forward and scheduled an in person interview for that Thursday.

The interview had to be rescheduled for that Monday, The interview went great. My interviews were very nice and down to Earth. As for the questions, they were 5 behavioral ones and I was well prepared to answer them and one interviewer mentioned many times that I had great and different responses. I also asked two follow up questions that really made them think and extended the interview. I was told that I would be notified within 2 days about their decision. I was a wreck waiting because I REALLY needed this job! Going off experiences posted on here from others, I was either expecting a rejection email or a phone call offering the position. I got an email the 3rd day and felt devastated but when i opened it I was an offer!! I was told that it was contingent and would be official once my background was done. I was also told that I couldn't get a start date until the position opens up which is a total bummer. I really need a job so I guess I patiently wait.

Interview Question – All of the behavioral questions that others have already posted here. Write them down and have answers for them.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Phoenix

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix interview questions and advice. All 207 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees and interview candidates.