University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

It was a Skype interview. The questions were salient and on point. I thought it was a great interview process. The most difficult part was having to come up with my weaknesses. I don't like that questions. Overall I thought it was great.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

First you must pass an assessment, then they interview by phone, then in person with two people. If offered a position you must wait for background check and for a training session to begin.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where I had a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

There was an online application followed by a very brief phone screening from a recruiter. After the phone screening, I had an interview with an Enrollment Manager. I then had another phone interview with Campus Director because I lived out of town. The Campus Director then routed me back to the Campus Director of Enrollment for a final phone interview that felt like more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a objection by a customer. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Qualifying Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied through staffing agency, got a call the next day, interviewed at agency with recruiter and took a typing test. Sent to interview at Uop and had a small panel interview. Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

In person interview, computer assessment to see how you would handle student scenarios, and job offer shortly after. Process was easy and I was placed into a specified area. Training was a week long.

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Application

Interview

Was done over the phone. Never met anyone in person. It was not very hard. I interviewed with several people from human resources and that worked for UOP. The interview process did not take very long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Long process, interview with several managers and directors. Asked several questions and to sell something right on the spot. Nothing too difficult, they really want to get to know you and your views on sales, and education

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Academic Counselor Interview

Interview

Panel interview, lots of people in a big room, several tables set up with different panels. behavioral based questions, pretty standard. seemed like everyone was in a hurry. granted, this was back in the day when UoP was really expanding.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Applied via website and took a timed listening assessment. Was emailed to set up a behavioral phone interview. About a week later was contacted to set up an in-person interview. Was offered the position about a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• When have you faced a difficult parent/student in the past?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Interview covered basic questions but the most important aspect to remember is to connect your current experience to the class that you have applied to teach. There is only one interview that you will have but a writing assessment will be given, which will determine if you will be moved along in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded question--identify a weakness about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary for this job is pretty firm.