University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Workforce Solutions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

The process was easy and mostly virtual if not in person. Begins with recruiter and moves on to internal interviews. After internal interview are completed, you work again with a recruiter to handle background check detail. Then after results are back, final confirmation notice is sent via email entailing a job offer.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but they pay very well.

Faculty Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was then sent an online interview with about seven questions. After returning the online interview by the requested deadline I was contacted by one of the managers to schedule an in-person interview with a panel. There were eight managers on the panel and each took turns asking questions then marking comments on a sheet in front of them. I received an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral-style questions (i.e. tell me about a time when...)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Interview

You have to meet minimum education requirements, there has to be a need for your area, then go through a 20 hour ( I think that is what it was) unpaid training session.

Interview Questions

• The training session it was over several weeks one night a week. But well worth having that level of introduction to their teaching method and the school.   Answer Question

Interview

I was recruited to fill a new role that wasn't officially in the system, so materials and online testing were actually not applicable to this position. The entire IT/online component of the application process was a bit of a disaster. I continued to get links saying I had not completed some online testing even though I had, and the salary email and the rest of the information sent to me did not match what I had been told by the hiring manager. Also, for a relatively low-paying job, asking the applicant to create a PowerPoint presentation under a limited time schedule that could be used to market the school almost seemed like free marketing consulting particularly as the job I was applying for did not require such a presentation necessarily. The hiring manager also made a statement to me in the call confirming their offer that was professionally a bit insulting I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to create a PowerPoint presentation in a very short time and then being asked to present it in a conference room without having started the job or being given information to use was a bit extreme.   1 Answer

There was too much confusion in the system, the pay confirmation was not what was agreed upon, and the hiring manager made a statement in the confirmation call that was professionally insulting.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

You apply online and within a few days are asked to take a behavioral assessment online--basic time management, agree/disagree questions. If you pass the assessment they schedule you for a phone interview. After the phone interview you will have an interview with the hiring manager. They ask you basic behavioral questions where they want specific examples from your work history.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two parts. First I interviewed with a panel of all directors, which lasted about 40 minutes. Then I had an interview with the hiring manager and another director which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I anticipated all the questions that were asked. If you do your homework, the interviews should not be difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, the hiring manager was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview. The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off. My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I have applied for 2 positions, one is still in the loop. the other one got rejected. Submitted a resume online, and received an online assignment email next day. I took the online tests and they sent me an auto-rejection email a weeks after.