University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

You apply online and within a few days are asked to take a behavioral assessment online--basic time management, agree/disagree questions. If you pass the assessment they schedule you for a phone interview. After the phone interview you will have an interview with the hiring manager. They ask you basic behavioral questions where they want specific examples from your work history.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two parts. First I interviewed with a panel of all directors, which lasted about 40 minutes. Then I had an interview with the hiring manager and another director which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I anticipated all the questions that were asked. If you do your homework, the interviews should not be difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, the hiring manager was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I have applied for 2 positions, one is still in the loop. the other one got rejected.

Submitted a resume online, and received an online assignment email next day. I took the online tests and they sent me an auto-rejection email a weeks after.

Academic Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

They often hire if you have a connection. They call you and and you come in for one interview and then you go through a process of screening that takes a long time ( approximately three weeks to a month) then they call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• I am a gym member who is thinking of leaving, convince me to stay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non, you take what they offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Questions

• Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Enrollment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Arlington, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

long. essays. phone screen. situational based experience questions. Fairly robotic. The interviewers pretty much stick to a script and don't encourage you or prompt you much.

Interview Questions

• "tell me a time" kind of questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online the day after the position opened. The day after I applied I received an email to complete the first stage of the hiring process which is the online assessment. The next day, a Friday, I received an email saying that I passed the assessment and was asked to do an phone interview the following Monday. My phone interview went awesome. I studied the behavior question that other left on Glassdoor so I breezed right through it. A couple of hours later a call saying that they wanted to move forward and scheduled an in person interview for that Thursday.

The interview had to be rescheduled for that Monday, The interview went great. My interviews were very nice and down to Earth. As for the questions, they were 5 behavioral ones and I was well prepared to answer them and one interviewer mentioned many times that I had great and different responses. I also asked two follow up questions that really made them think and extended the interview. I was told that I would be notified within 2 days about their decision. I was a wreck waiting because I REALLY needed this job! Going off experiences posted on here from others, I was either expecting a rejection email or a phone call offering the position. I got an email the 3rd day and felt devastated but when i opened it I was an offer!! I was told that it was contingent and would be official once my background was done. I was also told that I couldn't get a start date until the position opens up which is a total bummer. I really need a job so I guess I patiently wait.

Interview Questions

• All of the behavioral questions that others have already posted here. Write them down and have answers for them.   Answer Question