University of Phoenix

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.8

Enrollment Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

I have applied for 2 positions, one is still in the loop. the other one got rejected.

Submitted a resume online, and received an online assignment email next day. I took the online tests and they sent me an auto-rejection email a weeks after.

Academic Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

They often hire if you have a connection. They call you and and you come in for one interview and then you go through a process of screening that takes a long time ( approximately three weeks to a month) then they call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • I am a gym member who is thinking of leaving, convince me to stay.   View Answer
    non, you take what they offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2014.

Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Questions
    No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

I applied online the day after the position opened. The day after I applied I received an email to complete the first stage of the hiring process which is the online assessment. The next day, a Friday, I received an email saying that I passed the assessment and was asked to do an phone interview the following Monday. My phone interview went awesome. I studied the behavior question that other left on Glassdoor so I breezed right through it. A couple of hours later a call saying that they wanted to move forward and scheduled an in person interview for that Thursday.

The interview had to be rescheduled for that Monday, The interview went great. My interviews were very nice and down to Earth. As for the questions, they were 5 behavioral ones and I was well prepared to answer them and one interviewer mentioned many times that I had great and different responses. I also asked two follow up questions that really made them think and extended the interview. I was told that I would be notified within 2 days about their decision. I was a wreck waiting because I REALLY needed this job! Going off experiences posted on here from others, I was either expecting a rejection email or a phone call offering the position. I got an email the 3rd day and felt devastated but when i opened it I was an offer!! I was told that it was contingent and would be official once my background was done. I was also told that I couldn't get a start date until the position opens up which is a total bummer. I really need a job so I guess I patiently wait.

Interview Questions
    • All of the behavioral questions that others have already posted here. Write them down and have answers for them.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Questions
    • Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

I submitted application along with resume. Interviewed and was asked to prepare a sample 15-minute lecture. After being accepted at this stage, I was invited to participate in a 5-week onground course that not only taught UOP procedures and philosophies but provided the University of Phoenix experience from the student's point of view.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straight-forward. No trick questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They simply informed me what they paid based on my experience and academic credentials.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Like others have said, you fill out an application, receive an online assessment test you have to access & complete, then a phone interview is set up, followed by an in-person interview. Everything was pretty straightforward & easy. My experience with the entire process was positive up until the in-person interview. I arrived a few minutes early, went to the receptionist to check in, and she wouldn't even look up from her computer at me & acted annoyed that I was even speaking to her. The interviewers, a manager and a director, were 20 minutes late for my interview. Once the interview began, they explained who they were, then asked me about my education, which includes a graduate/professional degree, & at that point, I could just sense that they were in no way interested in me. They went on to ask me the 4 behavioral questions, & I asked some questions, but they were running late for another interview (because they were late to mine), so they didn't even walk me back to the front desk or elevator. The phone interview was the complete opposite of this, as I instantly connected with the interviewer. I left the in-person interview completely dumbfounded, & later that night, I got an auto-generated rejection email. I had an employee referral & spot-on qualifications/experience as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, as they tell you after your phone interview to be prepared to answer another 4 behavioral questions in the in-person interview. 2 of my questions were the same as the phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

I applied online and received a request for an online assessment one day later. 3 months later, I had a phone interview with the consulting company. It consisted of 4 behavior questions similar to if not identical what others have stated. After answering questions, I was scheduled for an in person interview the very next day. I showed up 15 minutes early however I had to sit and wait until the exact time of the interview or a few minutes longer. That may be a deliberate game to see how you react. When one of the interviewers finally came and got me, upon entering the room he told them I had just got there. Not sure how I was supposed to react but I just greeted the other interviewers. There was a panel of 2 managers and 1 director. They began talking about themselves, then we discussed my background and work history. Then I answered 4 different behavior questions from the phone interview. When I paused to answer, one of them would give a smiling stare. It can be intimidating. Overall the experience was well worth for practice and they were professional and gave honest insight on the questions I asked. One day later I received the rejection email. Not sure if it was because I was too smart or because I initially selected a preference of a closer location before the in person interview took place.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with time management?   Answer Question