University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Enrollment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

Overall, the process was fairly easy and took about 4 weeks in total. Just study all the behavioral questions you see posted here and just sell yourself! They like people who are self-motivated, hard-working, and dedicated to their work. Be prepared to provide only work-related examples for the interview behavioral questions. Also, feel free to ask questions throughout the whole process! My interviewers were very friendly and personable. They made my experience very comfortable and I was able to express myself easier. **About a week after the interview I received a contingent backup offer for the position. Pretty much means that I got the job I just have to wait until another open position is available...sucks but it's worth the wait. Pay and benefits are outstanding!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but the starting pay is great! Plus you get a raise each year. Not bad at all.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

Interview

I received an email that said if i applied to this job then I would get an interview. So I applied and then was directed to a set of online tests. My score was never disclosed, the tests were not necessary difficult just time consuming. I was then scheduled for a phone interview, it lasted around 30 minutes. All the questions were the behavior based tell me a time when ... happened using the star format. I feel like the questions were pretty generic and I could have easily made things up to make myself look better but I was honest and used recent examples for my answers. A couple days later I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to manage a difficult situation, what was the situation and what did I do in that situation.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

The University of Phoenix has a very thorough multi-step interview process. A presentation is required, and interviews from several people. Everybody was nice and the process was actually quite enjoyable, though a bit intimidating.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

you apply online..then take assessment they send you..you will be scheduled for a phone interview with third party recruiter...the recruiter will schedule a panel interview with the managers..three days later you will receive an offer via email

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer after listening to their needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Workforce Solutions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

The process was easy and mostly virtual if not in person. Begins with recruiter and moves on to internal interviews. After internal interview are completed, you work again with a recruiter to handle background check detail. Then after results are back, final confirmation notice is sent via email entailing a job offer.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but they pay very well.

Faculty Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was then sent an online interview with about seven questions. After returning the online interview by the requested deadline I was contacted by one of the managers to schedule an in-person interview with a panel. There were eight managers on the panel and each took turns asking questions then marking comments on a sheet in front of them. I received an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral-style questions (i.e. tell me about a time when...)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Interview

You have to meet minimum education requirements, there has to be a need for your area, then go through a 20 hour ( I think that is what it was) unpaid training session.

Interview Questions

• The training session it was over several weeks one night a week. But well worth having that level of introduction to their teaching method and the school.   Answer Question

Interview

I was recruited to fill a new role that wasn't officially in the system, so materials and online testing were actually not applicable to this position. The entire IT/online component of the application process was a bit of a disaster. I continued to get links saying I had not completed some online testing even though I had, and the salary email and the rest of the information sent to me did not match what I had been told by the hiring manager. Also, for a relatively low-paying job, asking the applicant to create a PowerPoint presentation under a limited time schedule that could be used to market the school almost seemed like free marketing consulting particularly as the job I was applying for did not require such a presentation necessarily. The hiring manager also made a statement to me in the call confirming their offer that was professionally a bit insulting I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to create a PowerPoint presentation in a very short time and then being asked to present it in a conference room without having started the job or being given information to use was a bit extreme.   1 Answer

There was too much confusion in the system, the pay confirmation was not what was agreed upon, and the hiring manager made a statement in the confirmation call that was professionally insulting.