University of Phoenix

207 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Counselor Interview

Finance Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired back in 2006 so things are a lot different now. I originally applied to be an enrollment counselor, but ended up getting a finance counselor position. I had a relative working at UOP who turned in my resume and it took almost three weeks to hear from them. I had to pay to fly out to Arizona since I was out of state and the interview took place in a huge room where there were chairs set up as a circle throughout the room. I was interviewed by five to seven people at the same time, I can't remember because it was so long ago. I felt really good with the interview, they laughed at some of the things I said, so I thought that I had gotten the job. Before I left one of the individuals interviewing me came out into the waiting area and told me that they thought I would be better suited as a finance counselor and that they wanted to set me up with an interview with someone in HR the next day before my flight left. The next morning I interviewed with a really nice lady in HR and I felt bad because I had to bring my suitcase with me because I was leaving to the airport right afterwards and I had been having a taxi take me everywhere. I felt it was unprofessional of me, but I had no choice and the HR lady was super nice about it. I don't recall any questions she asked since it was so long ago, but nothing stands out in my mind as difficult or caught me off guard. After the interview she said she would send me an email with some "test" questions. They were basically questions on how you would respond to an email from a student based on certain situations. A day later she called and offered me the position. Overall it took about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks to get hired.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can remember. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I didn't have any experience.

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone call, panel interview with possibly a second panel interview, then background check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Senior Enrollment Advisor Interview

Senior Enrollment Advisor

Interviewed at University of Phoenix

Interview Details – Current hiring process is handled remotely by a third party. Expect a behavioral phone interview coupled with an online assessment. If you pass these steps, you will eventually be interviewed by a director/manager for your department at the location you will work. This final, in-person interview will determine whether you receive an offer.

Interview Question – All interview questions were behavioral (e.g., "Tell me about a time when..."). For each question, they will be looking for you to provide a personal example from your experience. Answers should include 1) a description of the situation, 2) the actions you took, and 3) the outcome or effect of your actions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation was possible when I was offered a position, but this may have changed since then.

Enrollment Manager Interview

Enrollment Manager
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2013.

Interview Details – Send in your resume and work as a counselor and enroll student, get promoted

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a manager? How does that make you feel?   Answer Question

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was expecting a one on one interview and it was a group interview. I then had to interview another candidate and then sell that person to the room. It was actually fun. From there, the interviewers decided who would come back for a second round which was a one on one.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, just the usual.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – The first step will be a phone interview with the Apollo Education Group Recruiter. If you clear the first interview you will have a panel interview with the director and manager of the department you applied for.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was taken place. It was a take it or leave it kind of offer

Very Easy Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2011.

Interview Details – Easy:
Phone
Interview Panel
Phone call received stating I got the position.

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiation allowed

Finance Advisor Interview

Finance Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online and compeleted an assessment. Recieved a call from an HR Business Partner and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two managers. The interview went pretty well once I figured out how to get to the building - no driving or parking instructions were provided by HR nor were any phone numbers to call should I need assistance - the interview lasted about an hour and I felt excited when I left. I was called the next day and offered a position contingent upon a background check. The check took about 10 days and then I was called and told I would be contacted with a start date - originally I was told the start date would be November 4 - then I was told it might be November 18th - ultimately I started on 12/2/2013. The time between my first offer and actually getting a start date was three weeks - I really wondered if I actually had a job or not - but once I got my start date I felt a little better - even though it was still another month before I finally got working.

Interview Question – Please describe a time when you had to convince someone to make a difficult decision. What did you say or do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for salary - they tell you upfront so you know what to expect before you even get an offer.

Enrollment Advisor

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

Interview Details – Several interviews and a online exam. Its a popularity contest so be friendly.

Interview Question – How would you sell a rainbow?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none avalibnle

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – I made it to an in person interview...which was so odd. It was two men who toke turns asking odd questions while the other spend the entire time writing (seemed unprofessional).

Interview Question – A time where you used good judgement   Answer Question