University of Phoenix

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

I made it to an in person interview...which was so odd. It was two men who toke turns asking odd questions while the other spend the entire time writing (seemed unprofessional).

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

This was 7 years ago but I was called randomly after posting my resume on another site. I walked into a "ballroom" on the day of my interview and sat with two people who asked me behavior based questions. I was emailed a test to take at home. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember but they are pretty common questions referring to difficult times you had with a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    You can't negotiate for these positions. You hardly get raises that account for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2013.

I applied online and received an email to take a test in about a week. After the test, I had a phone interview about two weeks later, then an in person interview the next week. The phone interview was basically alot of behavioral interview questions. The person I interviewed with was a little snippy but I was asked for an in person interview. I waited 20-30 minutes after my scheduled interview time to be seen and the interviewer didn't seem too interested. I received an automated email that I was not chosen. Probably a good thing.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Applied online, two days later completed online assessment. The assessment consisted of three areas listening skills,behavioral questions, and listing what you thought was most important in desired job qualities. After a month I received a phone call inviting me to do a phone interview which was for the next day. The Interview was structured just with four behavioral questions. Just be prepared to give specific answers for example a question I was asked was" name a time when you had an upset customer how did you handle it." I I was called back a half an hour later and asked to come in two days later for a face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. They just asked structured behavorial questions similar to the phone interview. I found the process to be easy as long as you prepare with behavioral questions. As such listed on this website, and practice answering with real experiences. You will coast in the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a problem with time management   Answer Question

I I did some research on had concerns about layoffs and student enrollment dropping nearly in half and felt the job would not be secure could possibly be laid off in six months. Plus, I had another job offer that I felt would give me more job security.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Applied online and about a week later, was asked to do online assessment. After assessment (week later) was contacted to conduct phone interview. The phone interview was bahavioral based questions. A day later was asked to come in for a in person interview. It was a panel interview with hiring managers. More behavioral based questions. About 3 days later I was offered the position pending my background check.

Interview Questions
    • What makes me better than the other candidates. Why should they hire me over the others   Answer Question
    No Negotiation, the salary was what I expected for this position.

Re-entry Counselor Interview

You will be called for a phone interview, if you pass that then an in-person interview is requested.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing is done and how you would handle a difficult student situation is asked of you.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation but a shift and annual amount is offered.

Certification Officer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Phone interview, in person interview. Easy interview. Nothing memorable about it.

None. No negotiation.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

The Hiring process was quick, it started out with an assessment a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The whole process was about 4 weeks.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interview process was okay. The first interview good in that it was not a standard interview format. The second interview was standard and boring.

Interview Questions
    None, they offered a small salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Applied online, 2 days later received assessments and passed those, the next day I was sent an email to schedule phone interview, which was 4 days later. Thirty minutes after phone interview, I was sent an email to schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager. Three days after interview they sent an email saying they were going with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a customer...what happened....what was the outcome?

Name a time when you had to use your good judgment.
        Answer Question