University of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Advisor Interview

Finance Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online and compeleted an assessment. Recieved a call from an HR Business Partner and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two managers. The interview went pretty well once I figured out how to get to the building - no driving or parking instructions were provided by HR nor were any phone numbers to call should I need assistance - the interview lasted about an hour and I felt excited when I left. I was called the next day and offered a position contingent upon a background check. The check took about 10 days and then I was called and told I would be contacted with a start date - originally I was told the start date would be November 4 - then I was told it might be November 18th - ultimately I started on 12/2/2013. The time between my first offer and actually getting a start date was three weeks - I really wondered if I actually had a job or not - but once I got my start date I felt a little better - even though it was still another month before I finally got working.

Interview Question – Please describe a time when you had to convince someone to make a difficult decision. What did you say or do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for salary - they tell you upfront so you know what to expect before you even get an offer.

Enrollment Advisor

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

Interview Details – Several interviews and a online exam. Its a popularity contest so be friendly.

Interview Question – How would you sell a rainbow?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none avalibnle

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – I made it to an in person interview...which was so odd. It was two men who toke turns asking odd questions while the other spend the entire time writing (seemed unprofessional).

Interview Question – A time where you used good judgement   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to take a test in about a week. After the test, I had a phone interview about two weeks later, then an in person interview the next week. The phone interview was basically alot of behavioral interview questions. The person I interviewed with was a little snippy but I was asked for an in person interview. I waited 20-30 minutes after my scheduled interview time to be seen and the interviewer didn't seem too interested. I received an automated email that I was not chosen. Probably a good thing.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – This was 7 years ago but I was called randomly after posting my resume on another site. I walked into a "ballroom" on the day of my interview and sat with two people who asked me behavior based questions. I was emailed a test to take at home. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – I do not remember but they are pretty common questions referring to difficult times you had with a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't negotiate for these positions. You hardly get raises that account for

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – The overall process took about three weeks to complete. Immediately following submission of my interview I was asked to fill out an online assessment. It contained many behavioral based questions. About a week later I was called for a same day phone interview which went well and I was pushed through to an inperson interview the following day. The in person interview was great, the interviewer made the interview fun and enjoyable. I was told I would be called within the week. Two weeks later I had not been contacted so I emailed the hiring manager to get an update on the progress. Two days later I was called with a backup offer. The hiring manager said that they wanted to hire me but they had already filled the position prior to my interview. He said they would do all the paperwork and get me scheduled for training in hopes that another position would open up in about a month which I could have without having to go through the process again.

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed. Describe a time where you had to discover the motives of a coworker.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a back up offer, not an actual offer for salaried employment.

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied, was given an online assessment about two weeks or so later, then I had a one on one interview (face to face with the director) about a week after that.

Interview Question – Name a time where you helped someone or something over come a difficulty that benefit the company, what happened, how did you help/what did you do, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – Applied online, two days later completed online assessment. The assessment consisted of three areas listening skills,behavioral questions, and listing what you thought was most important in desired job qualities. After a month I received a phone call inviting me to do a phone interview which was for the next day. The Interview was structured just with four behavioral questions. Just be prepared to give specific answers for example a question I was asked was" name a time when you had an upset customer how did you handle it." I I was called back a half an hour later and asked to come in two days later for a face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. They just asked structured behavorial questions similar to the phone interview. I found the process to be easy as long as you prepare with behavioral questions. As such listed on this website, and practice answering with real experiences. You will coast in the interviews.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a problem with time management   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I I did some research on had concerns about layoffs and student enrollment dropping nearly in half and felt the job would not be secure could possibly be laid off in six months. Plus, I had another job offer that I felt would give me more job security.

Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, 2 days later received assessments and passed those, the next day I was sent an email to schedule phone interview, which was 4 days later. Thirty minutes after phone interview, I was sent an email to schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager. Three days after interview they sent an email saying they were going with other candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a customer...what happened....what was the outcome?

Name a time when you had to use your good judgment.
  Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of being contacted by a recruiter and being asked to submit transcripts. Once these documents were received and verified an electronic interview process started with a list of questions related to teaching, teaching philosophy and adult learning theories. This was followed up with a telephone interview from a recruiter and a four week faculty certification course (unpaid). Once that was complete, there was an evaluation course that was conducted under observation and then finally a job offer extended.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. The majority of the questions were provided via an electronic interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - standard course fees