University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Questions

• Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I submitted application along with resume. Interviewed and was asked to prepare a sample 15-minute lecture. After being accepted at this stage, I was invited to participate in a 5-week onground course that not only taught UOP procedures and philosophies but provided the University of Phoenix experience from the student's point of view.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty straight-forward. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They simply informed me what they paid based on my experience and academic credentials.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Like others have said, you fill out an application, receive an online assessment test you have to access & complete, then a phone interview is set up, followed by an in-person interview. Everything was pretty straightforward & easy. My experience with the entire process was positive up until the in-person interview. I arrived a few minutes early, went to the receptionist to check in, and she wouldn't even look up from her computer at me & acted annoyed that I was even speaking to her. The interviewers, a manager and a director, were 20 minutes late for my interview. Once the interview began, they explained who they were, then asked me about my education, which includes a graduate/professional degree, & at that point, I could just sense that they were in no way interested in me. They went on to ask me the 4 behavioral questions, & I asked some questions, but they were running late for another interview (because they were late to mine), so they didn't even walk me back to the front desk or elevator. The phone interview was the complete opposite of this, as I instantly connected with the interviewer. I left the in-person interview completely dumbfounded, & later that night, I got an auto-generated rejection email. I had an employee referral & spot-on qualifications/experience as well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected, as they tell you after your phone interview to be prepared to answer another 4 behavioral questions in the in-person interview. 2 of my questions were the same as the phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Spring, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a request for an online assessment one day later. 3 months later, I had a phone interview with the consulting company. It consisted of 4 behavior questions similar to if not identical what others have stated. After answering questions, I was scheduled for an in person interview the very next day. I showed up 15 minutes early however I had to sit and wait until the exact time of the interview or a few minutes longer. That may be a deliberate game to see how you react. When one of the interviewers finally came and got me, upon entering the room he told them I had just got there. Not sure how I was supposed to react but I just greeted the other interviewers. There was a panel of 2 managers and 1 director. They began talking about themselves, then we discussed my background and work history. Then I answered 4 different behavior questions from the phone interview. When I paused to answer, one of them would give a smiling stare. It can be intimidating. Overall the experience was well worth for practice and they were professional and gave honest insight on the questions I asked. One day later I received the rejection email. Not sure if it was because I was too smart or because I initially selected a preference of a closer location before the in person interview took place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with time management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

After completing app, I had to take a two part online test. I was emailed about a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked a few questions then told to expect a call for an in person interview. The in person interview was a few days later with two really nice ladies. It was only 5 questions. Both interviews were behavioral interviews. Nothing too complicated.

Instructor - Clinical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at University of Phoenix (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very detailed. The future employee needs to really be prepared. There is a phone interview, intial interview, group interviews and one nightly training for five weeks prior to being given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The future employee needs to know their area of expertise very well!   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

Behavior based interview process with recruiters and managers

Senior Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

Current hiring process is handled remotely by a third party. Expect a behavioral phone interview coupled with an online assessment. If you pass these steps, you will eventually be interviewed by a director/manager for your department at the location you will work. This final, in-person interview will determine whether you receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were behavioral (e.g., "Tell me about a time when..."). For each question, they will be looking for you to provide a personal example from your experience. Answers should include 1) a description of the situation, 2) the actions you took, and 3) the outcome or effect of your actions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation was possible when I was offered a position, but this may have changed since then.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

The first step will be a phone interview with the Apollo Education Group Recruiter. If you clear the first interview you will have a panel interview with the director and manager of the department you applied for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was taken place. It was a take it or leave it kind of offer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I made it to an in person interview...which was so odd. It was two men who toke turns asking odd questions while the other spend the entire time writing (seemed unprofessional).