University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

The overall process took about three weeks to complete. Immediately following submission of my interview I was asked to fill out an online assessment. It contained many behavioral based questions. About a week later I was called for a same day phone interview which went well and I was pushed through to an inperson interview the following day. The in person interview was great, the interviewer made the interview fun and enjoyable. I was told I would be called within the week. Two weeks later I had not been contacted so I emailed the hiring manager to get an update on the progress. Two days later I was called with a backup offer. The hiring manager said that they wanted to hire me but they had already filled the position prior to my interview. He said they would do all the paperwork and get me scheduled for training in hopes that another position would open up in about a month which I could have without having to go through the process again.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you failed. Describe a time where you had to discover the motives of a coworker.   Answer Question

It was a back up offer, not an actual offer for salaried employment.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

I applied, was given an online assessment about two weeks or so later, then I had a one on one interview (face to face with the director) about a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you helped someone or something over come a difficulty that benefit the company, what happened, how did you help/what did you do, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2011.

The interview process consisted of being contacted by a recruiter and being asked to submit transcripts. Once these documents were received and verified an electronic interview process started with a list of questions related to teaching, teaching philosophy and adult learning theories. This was followed up with a telephone interview from a recruiter and a four week faculty certification course (unpaid). Once that was complete, there was an evaluation course that was conducted under observation and then finally a job offer extended.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard. The majority of the questions were provided via an electronic interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - standard course fees

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Applied online, two days later completed online assessment. The assessment consisted of three areas listening skills,behavioral questions, and listing what you thought was most important in desired job qualities. After a month I received a phone call inviting me to do a phone interview which was for the next day. The Interview was structured just with four behavioral questions. Just be prepared to give specific answers for example a question I was asked was" name a time when you had an upset customer how did you handle it." I I was called back a half an hour later and asked to come in two days later for a face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. They just asked structured behavorial questions similar to the phone interview. I found the process to be easy as long as you prepare with behavioral questions. As such listed on this website, and practice answering with real experiences. You will coast in the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a problem with time management   Answer Question

I I did some research on had concerns about layoffs and student enrollment dropping nearly in half and felt the job would not be secure could possibly be laid off in six months. Plus, I had another job offer that I felt would give me more job security.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Applied online, 2 days later received assessments and passed those, the next day I was sent an email to schedule phone interview, which was 4 days later. Thirty minutes after phone interview, I was sent an email to schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager. Three days after interview they sent an email saying they were going with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a customer...what happened....what was the outcome?

Name a time when you had to use your good judgment.
        Answer Question

Re-entry Counselor Interview

You will be called for a phone interview, if you pass that then an in-person interview is requested.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing is done and how you would handle a difficult student situation is asked of you.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation but a shift and annual amount is offered.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Filled out an interview online.
    Emailed to fill out an assessment.
    Phone Interview a week later.
    In person interview a week later.
    Phone call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A time you had to overcome a challenge? All pretty standard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

No unexpected questions

Hours

Certification Officer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Phone interview, in person interview. Easy interview. Nothing memorable about it.

None. No negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Applied online and about a week later, was asked to do online assessment. After assessment (week later) was contacted to conduct phone interview. The phone interview was bahavioral based questions. A day later was asked to come in for a in person interview. It was a panel interview with hiring managers. More behavioral based questions. About 3 days later I was offered the position pending my background check.

Interview Questions
    • What makes me better than the other candidates. Why should they hire me over the others   Answer Question
    No Negotiation, the salary was what I expected for this position.