University of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Certification Officer I Interview

Certification Officer I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview. Easy interview. Nothing memorable about it.

Interview Question – Can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. No negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – Applied online and about a week later, was asked to do online assessment. After assessment (week later) was contacted to conduct phone interview. The phone interview was bahavioral based questions. A day later was asked to come in for a in person interview. It was a panel interview with hiring managers. More behavioral based questions. About 3 days later I was offered the position pending my background check.

Interview Question – What makes me better than the other candidates. Why should they hire me over the others   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, the salary was what I expected for this position.

Director of Enrollment Interview

Director of Enrollment

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2009.

Interview Details – Typically hires from within. Interview with recruiter and group interviews

Interview Question – Describe a project you worked a long time on that was not successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Enrollment Counselor
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was quick, it started out with an assessment a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The whole process was about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a recent goal you achieved   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – The interview process was okay. The first interview good in that it was not a standard interview format. The second interview was standard and boring.

Interview Question – An impromptu speech.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they offered a small salary.

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Interview Details – I completed the application online with Apollo Group and withing two day I received an invitation to take an online assessment. If you pass the assessment you will move on to a phone interview with a recruiter. I didn't get a phone interview until a month after takin the assessments. I was asked 4 questions and I did all the talking. The recruiter spent most of the time writing my answers down. The next step was a face to face interview. The face to face was very disappointing. I arrived 15 minutes early but my interviewers were 10 minutes late. This was the first red flag. The entire interview lasted 20 minutes and it was so cold and awkward. They never talked backed an the line of questioning did flow at all. None of the questions pertained to counseling or education at all. This was the second red flag. I was also informed that the position would possibly be phone/email only advising. That was the third red flag for me. at this point I was disgusted with the interview and was ready to leave. Two days later I received my rejection email.

Interview Questions

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – First interview is one on one , then group interview where I had to do a power point presentation. Then o e more one on one interview, all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Workforce Solutions Advisor Interview

Workforce Solutions Advisor
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2011.

Interview Details – You begin with a phone interview. If you pass the interview you are then referred to the hiring manager for the position. You are then interviewed by the hiring manager. I remember that the questions were uniform and consistent so everyone answers the same questions.

Negotiation Details – they came to me with an offer and I counter offered with another number. They then split the difference and I was satisfied with what they were offering.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2009.

Interview Details – They have a very thorough interviewing process. They make sure that the candidates have a good education before starting about how the program works. I was very happy with the screening process.

Interview Question – They will ask you thorough questions about naming times in your life where you overcame a professional challenge. They look at relevant experience and place you where they see that experience relevant to the work industry.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – application submitted through friend, phone interview, panel interview, then hired. This was 8 years ago, the process has changed since then. Now all positions are applied for and considered through career builder. Referral is a plus and preferred.

Interview Question – What do you like to do outside of work   Answer Question