University of Phoenix

Average Difficulty
213 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – Applied online, two days later completed online assessment. The assessment consisted of three areas listening skills,behavioral questions, and listing what you thought was most important in desired job qualities. After a month I received a phone call inviting me to do a phone interview which was for the next day. The Interview was structured just with four behavioral questions. Just be prepared to give specific answers for example a question I was asked was" name a time when you had an upset customer how did you handle it." I I was called back a half an hour later and asked to come in two days later for a face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. They just asked structured behavorial questions similar to the phone interview. I found the process to be easy as long as you prepare with behavioral questions. As such listed on this website, and practice answering with real experiences. You will coast in the interviews.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a problem with time management   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I I did some research on had concerns about layoffs and student enrollment dropping nearly in half and felt the job would not be secure could possibly be laid off in six months. Plus, I had another job offer that I felt would give me more job security.

Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, 2 days later received assessments and passed those, the next day I was sent an email to schedule phone interview, which was 4 days later. Thirty minutes after phone interview, I was sent an email to schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager. Three days after interview they sent an email saying they were going with other candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a customer...what happened....what was the outcome?

Name a time when you had to use your good judgment.
  Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of being contacted by a recruiter and being asked to submit transcripts. Once these documents were received and verified an electronic interview process started with a list of questions related to teaching, teaching philosophy and adult learning theories. This was followed up with a telephone interview from a recruiter and a four week faculty certification course (unpaid). Once that was complete, there was an evaluation course that was conducted under observation and then finally a job offer extended.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. The majority of the questions were provided via an electronic interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - standard course fees

Re-entry Counselor Interview

Re-entry Counselor

Interviewed at University of Phoenix

Interview Details – You will be called for a phone interview, if you pass that then an in-person interview is requested.

Interview Question – Role playing is done and how you would handle a difficult student situation is asked of you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation but a shift and annual amount is offered.

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an interview online.
Emailed to fill out an assessment.
Phone Interview a week later.
In person interview a week later.
Phone call a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – A time you had to overcome a challenge? All pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Enrollment Counselor
Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – No unexpected questions

Interview Question – What do you think of the political climate   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Hours

Very Easy Interview

Certification Officer I Interview

Certification Officer I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview. Easy interview. Nothing memorable about it.

Interview Question – Can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. No negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – Applied online and about a week later, was asked to do online assessment. After assessment (week later) was contacted to conduct phone interview. The phone interview was bahavioral based questions. A day later was asked to come in for a in person interview. It was a panel interview with hiring managers. More behavioral based questions. About 3 days later I was offered the position pending my background check.

Interview Question – What makes me better than the other candidates. Why should they hire me over the others   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, the salary was what I expected for this position.

Director of Enrollment Interview

Director of Enrollment

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2009.

Interview Details – Typically hires from within. Interview with recruiter and group interviews

Interview Question – Describe a project you worked a long time on that was not successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Enrollment Counselor
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was quick, it started out with an assessment a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The whole process was about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a recent goal you achieved   Answer Question