University of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Livermore, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a group interview. Interview was set in a large group and we did a couple of exercises, including one where we were partnered with another person and had to "sell" our partner to the group. We also had to do the same with ourselves individually. After the group interview, we were told that if they called our name they would like us to stay for a one-on-one interview. I was selected and was very excited. I thought the interview went very well. I was asked general interview questions and about my previous experience, along with how I thought my previous experience would relate to the position. I was told that I'd be contacted within a week to know the outcome of the interview, and about a week later I received a denail email saying "thank you but we have selected another more qualified candidate" kind of thing. I thought, no problem, I can just apply again another time. So I did, about six months later. Same deal, same group interview. Asked to stay for the one-on-one interview again. And again, I was not selected. I tried one more time, thinking third time's a charm, but no luck. I didn't get asked to stay this time. So I called the recruiter and asked her point blank why I wasn't selected. Of course, I got the run-around, saying that maybe I didn't possess something they were looking for or that there were so many candidates that they just chose someone more closely qualified. They wasted my time not once or twice but three times.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!