University of Phoenix Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Qualifying Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied through staffing agency, got a call the next day, interviewed at agency with recruiter and took a typing test. Sent to interview at Uop and had a small panel interview. Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

In person interview, computer assessment to see how you would handle student scenarios, and job offer shortly after. Process was easy and I was placed into a specified area. Training was a week long.

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Application

Interview

Was done over the phone. Never met anyone in person. It was not very hard. I interviewed with several people from human resources and that worked for UOP. The interview process did not take very long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After I gave the new my application they set up a phone interview. I really liked the interviewer, she was nice, and we had a good chat. She said they will contact me for an in person interview. Still waiting to have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a client who was not happy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked many questions that were not relevant to the position that I currently held, it was very difficult for me to recall an instance in detail that would be relevant to the question. I currently hold a position that does not have contact with students

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in detail that you were able to anticipate the needs of a student   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but they pay very well.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

This was 7 years ago but I was called randomly after posting my resume on another site. I walked into a "ballroom" on the day of my interview and sat with two people who asked me behavior based questions. I was emailed a test to take at home. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember but they are pretty common questions referring to difficult times you had with a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate for these positions. You hardly get raises that account for

Military Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

After applying to the University, they had a personality questionnaire, after I passed that, I received an email for a phone interview. After talking to the recruiter over the phone, with some basic questions and trying to gauge your phone personality (if you will), she stated that she would like to set up an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 2 managers and a director, (middle management) and they engaged in a series of "What have you done in previous jobs" kind of questions. The focus was on experience and how you handled yourself in a given situation, not "what would you do." I did well on the interview (they are looking for talkers), and I was called back in about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question