University of Phoenix

2.5

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2014.

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but they pay very well.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2014.

Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Questions
    No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

This was 7 years ago but I was called randomly after posting my resume on another site. I walked into a "ballroom" on the day of my interview and sat with two people who asked me behavior based questions. I was emailed a test to take at home. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember but they are pretty common questions referring to difficult times you had with a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    You can't negotiate for these positions. You hardly get raises that account for

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Filled out an interview online.
    Emailed to fill out an assessment.
    Phone Interview a week later.
    In person interview a week later.
    Phone call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A time you had to overcome a challenge? All pretty standard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Applied Online and compeleted an assessment. Recieved a call from an HR Business Partner and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two managers. The interview went pretty well once I figured out how to get to the building - no driving or parking instructions were provided by HR nor were any phone numbers to call should I need assistance - the interview lasted about an hour and I felt excited when I left. I was called the next day and offered a position contingent upon a background check. The check took about 10 days and then I was called and told I would be contacted with a start date - originally I was told the start date would be November 4 - then I was told it might be November 18th - ultimately I started on 12/2/2013. The time between my first offer and actually getting a start date was three weeks - I really wondered if I actually had a job or not - but once I got my start date I felt a little better - even though it was still another month before I finally got working.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you had to convince someone to make a difficult decision. What did you say or do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for salary - they tell you upfront so you know what to expect before you even get an offer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

The hiring process when I first started was quite simple. You went through a phone interview, they requested an in person interview, hired, provided a 4 week training date, 4 week training, test (in or out phase), and a bit of floor training.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure what this may have been. The position usually involves providing guidance and advisement of educational goals and career paths. Aligning a degree program with their career emphasis and helping that potential student use the information received to make the choice that is in their best interest. Whether the choice is to attend the University of Phoenix or not.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. You were given a starting salary, and provided information about what growth potential is like and if it was in your best interest to become employed then you accept. Easy as that.

Military Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2013.

After submitting my resume, I got an email from the human resources department. This email contained around 10 questions that asked basic interview questions that you would expect in a face to face interview.

After submitting my answers, I was asked to a face to face interview. There, I was asked almost the identical questions as the paper interview.

Interview Questions
    • The one question that I remember is "Describe a task in a previous job that was difficult for you and how you overcame it."   Answer Question
    No negotiation available. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Enrollment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

There is an personality test that you do on a computer first. If you meet the standards for that assessment, you will then be given a phone interview. If you meet those standards, you will then be granted a face-to-face interview with several directors. The questions are behavior based. They don't ask the "what would you if..." questions. The interview process is designed to prove you have the skills and competencies to work effectively within the organization. Either you have them or you don't. If you make it to the face-to-face, you have a pretty good chance.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process has changed since I went through it so many years ago. Just be prepared to give examples of what you have already done to address or work through the situations they ask about. Don't be afraid to show that you are not perfect. Don't come with canned answers either.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2013.

All interviews are behavior-based (i.e. use questions based on scenarios and how you'd react). I applied online, took a skills test, got a phone interview with a staff recruiter which lasted an hour, then a face-to-face interview with management, then an initial job offer and three weeks of paid training.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think that you'll be happy working in a loud, fast paced call-center environment?   Answer Question
    No negotiating; base pay is non-negotiable.