University of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Question – Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2010.

Interview Details – It can take a while once you apply. It usually about two months between your application and training start date. There was an initial phone interview, a written assessment, and then an in person interview which was a large cattle call type interview. That process has since changed

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for salary. Everyone starts at the same salary

Facilitator Interview

Facilitator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in September 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting answers to questionairre and providing resume, I received a call about 2 weeks later. This was just a high level review followed by setting up a more formal interview. Once hired, all facilitators have to go thru a course on how to facilitate. I like very much that they do this. It shows you how the environment looks/works.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. One either has the skills or does not.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Finance Advisor Interview

Finance Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was amazing! The person that I had was truly on the ball, and lively. Made me fell comfortable.

Interview Question – To be honest, the questions were pretty straight forward. Typical interview questions that you would get pretty much any where. However, do your homework, research the company, and be prepared to ask questions. That is what the interview is really all about. They are looking to see what you can bring to the table by making them think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time there was really no negotiation phase. The pay was straight forward. However, once you have your degree and/or if you have your degree that pay increases radically.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Enrollment Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview Details – The best way to get any contact from the University is to list a reference from a current employee.Those applications take priority. They will then call you if interested to set up a phone interview, asking you about yourself and how you would react in certain situations of distress in the workplace. They see if you can handle pressure. From there they may call you to come in and be interviewed by 2-3 managers. They will then get to know you a little and then ask how you would react in real student scenarios. They see if youre bold headed or have room to be taught. Its up tot he managers wheather to hire someone or not, so impress them.

Interview Question – Being asked some of the student scenario questions throw you off if you dont know how the policies work.   View Answer

Finance Advisor Interview

Finance Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online and compeleted an assessment. Recieved a call from an HR Business Partner and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with two managers. The interview went pretty well once I figured out how to get to the building - no driving or parking instructions were provided by HR nor were any phone numbers to call should I need assistance - the interview lasted about an hour and I felt excited when I left. I was called the next day and offered a position contingent upon a background check. The check took about 10 days and then I was called and told I would be contacted with a start date - originally I was told the start date would be November 4 - then I was told it might be November 18th - ultimately I started on 12/2/2013. The time between my first offer and actually getting a start date was three weeks - I really wondered if I actually had a job or not - but once I got my start date I felt a little better - even though it was still another month before I finally got working.

Interview Question – Please describe a time when you had to convince someone to make a difficult decision. What did you say or do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for salary - they tell you upfront so you know what to expect before you even get an offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details – This was 7 years ago but I was called randomly after posting my resume on another site. I walked into a "ballroom" on the day of my interview and sat with two people who asked me behavior based questions. I was emailed a test to take at home. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – I do not remember but they are pretty common questions referring to difficult times you had with a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't negotiate for these positions. You hardly get raises that account for

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an interview online.
Emailed to fill out an assessment.
Phone Interview a week later.
In person interview a week later.
Phone call a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – A time you had to overcome a challenge? All pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Enrollment Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2013.

Interview Details – All interviews are behavior-based (i.e. use questions based on scenarios and how you'd react). I applied online, took a skills test, got a phone interview with a staff recruiter which lasted an hour, then a face-to-face interview with management, then an initial job offer and three weeks of paid training.

Interview Question – Do you think that you'll be happy working in a loud, fast paced call-center environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating; base pay is non-negotiable.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting my initial resume via a temporary agency I put through a brief screening process and then allowed to interview directly with a manager at University of Phoenix shortly thereafter. After one interview I was offered a temporary to permeant position within the company.

Interview Question – None of the interview questions were out of the ordinary and were the standard one would expect from any fortune 500 company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was standard. I was offered a comparable amount for the position type within my area and took the position after the initial offering.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Phoenix

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix interview questions and advice in Phoenix, AZ. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees and interview candidates.