University of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone call, panel interview with possibly a second panel interview, then background check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Corporate Liaison Interview

Corporate Liaison
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initially, it began as a telephone interview where I was asked about my experience and how it related to the position - there was emphasis on sales and comfort in cold calling. The second interview was a group interview with 6 other applicants. This consisted a presentation of the company and the position. Following the presentation we were asked to introduce ourselves with one word that described us and why we were a good fit for the position. Then we had to interview our neighbor and "sell" why they would be a good fit for the position. This conducted the group interview. Afterwards we were instructed to call and leave a voice message as a simulation of a cold call to a potential corporate contact.

I suggest future applicants emphasize their sales experience and their potential contacts.

Interview Question – Interview your neighbor for 5 minutes and prepare a 60 second sales pitch on why they are the best for this position.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix interview questions and advice in Sacramento, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees and interview candidates.