University of Phoenix

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

The local leadership has changed dramatically over the past 2 years. When I was hired, I had an initial phone interview with the Department Chair, then a face-to-face interview with her. Once selected, I and cohorts were trained over several weeks in a very thorough manner. In order to be hired, we worked in teams to demonstrate organizational skills, lecturing style and creativity. There was a panel of judges. My team and I were selected, but I believe I am the only one of five who is still employed.

Interview Questions
    • We had to commit to many hours and model projects and assignments similar to what we would expect from our future students. There was considerable observation and behind-the-scenes deliberation, but no interview questions were asked following the prospective employee show and tell. The phone and face-to-face interviews were more of an opportunity to get to know each other. These were chats, not formal questions and answers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation involved. Each class is five weeks and this is the pay each Master's or Doctoral adjunct receives. It increases slightly with tenure.