University of Pittsburgh

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Career Counselor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interviewed with Pitt through a phone screen which lasted about 30 minutes. Was fairly straightforward. Came to campus and spent full day interviewing. Interview included 30 minute presentation and several interview sessions with a variety of different groups of people. I then waited 6 months before receiving an offer. I confirmed later that this delay wasn't because I wasn't their first choice, it's because HR at Pitt is very slow - think sloths, riding a molasses river, in January.

Interview Questions
  • Please provide an example of a time you created something new. How did you make it great?   Answer Question
Department does not negotiate. They are on fixed salary levels

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pittsburgh

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in May 2009.

I applied on line. I was called by HR for a phone interview. I was brought on site for a group interview and then went through a series of 1 on 1 interviews with the Assistant Dean and Dean. An offer was made shortly after. The entire process was under 2 months.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate given the University and budget constraints