University of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fellowship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in January 2013.

Interview Details – They care more about personality and fit. They will train the hard skills, so the interview questions were more behavioral based

Interview Question – What cartoon character do you relate best to   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was brought in for an initial interview with the PI, and essentially told I would have the job as long as everything went through HR ok. I was set up to have a second interview with the rest of the staff a week later and then it took about a month for me to get contacted by someone in HR with an offer.

Interview Question – None, just basic questions about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Director Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me
Had a phone interview with the VP
UPMC made arrangements to fly me to Pittsburgh and meet with a panel of 13 key executives
Got highest scores from all members of the panel except the VP of Sales
Did not get the job

Interview Question – My value to UPMC   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student Nursing Assistant Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position over that summer but I got called for an interview 2 months later. The interview process took one day with a Head Charged Nurses of floors of my choice. I got a call 3 days later with the job offer.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing five years from now?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

RESEARCH SPECIALIST Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in June 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, followed by a visit to the laboratory and an interview with key personel.
This included presentations by staff and postdoctoral associates on their work with the expectation that I would comment, question and review their presentation.
There was also a lunch and discussion through lunch on laboratory managerial issues, such as the methods for ordering and management of staff and hierachy.

Interview Question – Why move to Pittsburgh specifically?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Pittsburgh Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees and interview candidates.