University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pitts, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

overview of the job, what was to be expected of me, hours days travel, sat with 4 people for about an hour, relaxed setting showed me the facility met with the person someone would be replacing. seemed organized and well thought out study

Interview Questions

• what do I see myself doing in 5 years   1 Answer

Alumni Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

HR Call to set up an phone interview, a phone interview screening, in-person interview with the head of department and then with two other employees, a final interview is needed. simple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Onsite interview was normal on early time of May 2014, they said they would give me a further reply in one week,
    then I emailed them on the seventh day, they answered me that decision would be made soon...
    after than they never replied me although I tried contacting them a couple of times.
    I did need at least one NO message. I finally gave up and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Normal, they required candidates should have some experience on big data like handoop sql programming and statistics analysis .   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the University of Pittsburgh website. I got a call about two weeks later to set up a Skype interview. The Skype interview was with four members of the Pitt staff. It was wonderful! So much better than a 15 minute phone screening! The interview was about a half hour long, but only because I had questions to ask and they provided thorough answers. They stopped questioning after about 15 minutes. Everyone was so conversational and friendly. I had that interview on a Friday and got a phone call on Monday to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was scheduled the following Monday. I interviewed with Dr. James Earle for the first hour and then with two members of the Pitt Staff who had higher positions than the initial Skype interview. They were all amazing to talk to and I actually walked away from the interview feeling inspired. I have not found out yet about an offer or otherwise, but I had such a good experience I still count it as a win!

Interview Questions

• 1) If you were in a car with a negative person, how would you handle it and how does that apply to this position?

2) Name three weaknesses. This was hard for me because I only had one prepared. haha

1 Answer

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

basic interview questions, how did you hear about the position, discussed hours

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a dispute with a coworker and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage is non negotiable, hours are flexible

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Job was uploaded to forum for research associate in the business school. The position was mostly data entry based on advertisement analysis. The questions consisted of personal background and education. It was a quick process because I was currently a student and federal aid applied to them hiring me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

I got the opportunity by making a relationship with one of my teachers. She asked if I wanted to help with research for credits and I complied. The interview required speaking with several members of the psychology department and after being hired I had to be cleared for different requirements.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for this school?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, second Phone with hiring manager, meeting with supervisor

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle (example of project ) this project, providing as much detail as possible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, Asked for salary and was given salary

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview was very rigorous , onsite was relatively easy. behavioral questions mainly

another offer from uiowa

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

First is a phone interview, they asked what skills do I have and described the job.
    Then I came to the office, they showed me the website and expectation about the website. And asked me if I can do that.

Interview Questions

• All the question are basic, no difficult and unexpected question.   Answer Question