University of Pittsburgh

2.6

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Alumni Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at University of Pittsburgh in May 2014.

HR Call to set up an phone interview, a phone interview screening, in-person interview with the head of department and then with two other employees, a final interview is needed. simple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Applying for Data Analyst At Department Name 01061-IA-Office of the Vice Chancellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in May 2014.

Onsite interview was normal on early time of May 2014, they said they would give me a further reply in one week,
    then I emailed them on the seventh day, they answered me that decision would be made soon...
    after than they never replied me although I tried contacting them a couple of times.
    I did need at least one NO message. I finally gave up and moved on.

Interview Questions
    • Normal, they required candidates should have some experience on big data like handoop sql programming and statistics analysis .   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at University of Pittsburgh in April 2014.

I applied online via the University of Pittsburgh website. I got a call about two weeks later to set up a Skype interview. The Skype interview was with four members of the Pitt staff. It was wonderful! So much better than a 15 minute phone screening! The interview was about a half hour long, but only because I had questions to ask and they provided thorough answers. They stopped questioning after about 15 minutes. Everyone was so conversational and friendly. I had that interview on a Friday and got a phone call on Monday to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was scheduled the following Monday. I interviewed with Dr. James Earle for the first hour and then with two members of the Pitt Staff who had higher positions than the initial Skype interview. They were all amazing to talk to and I actually walked away from the interview feeling inspired. I have not found out yet about an offer or otherwise, but I had such a good experience I still count it as a win!

Interview Questions
    • 1) If you were in a car with a negative person, how would you handle it and how does that apply to this position?

2) Name three weaknesses. This was hard for me because I only had one prepared. haha

View Answer

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in March 2014.

basic interview questions, how did you hear about the position, discussed hours

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a dispute with a coworker and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    Wage is non negotiable, hours are flexible

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in January 2014.

Job was uploaded to forum for research associate in the business school. The position was mostly data entry based on advertisement analysis. The questions consisted of personal background and education. It was a quick process because I was currently a student and federal aid applied to them hiring me.

none

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in August 2013.

I got the opportunity by making a relationship with one of my teachers. She asked if I wanted to help with research for credits and I complied. The interview required speaking with several members of the psychology department and after being hired I had to be cleared for different requirements.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Phone interview with HR, second Phone with hiring manager, meeting with supervisor

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would handle (example of project ) this project, providing as much detail as possible.   View Answer
    Simple, Asked for salary and was given salary

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in February 2013.

Initial phone interview was very rigorous , onsite was relatively easy. behavioral questions mainly

another offer from uiowa

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in October 2012.

First is a phone interview, they asked what skills do I have and described the job.
    Then I came to the office, they showed me the website and expectation about the website. And asked me if I can do that.

Interview Questions
    • All the question are basic, no difficult and unexpected question.   Answer Question

Research Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Pittsburgh in December 2011.

The interview process took forever but once you get an interview it kind of goes fast.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was stated correctly in the job description   Answer Question
    Initially, the salary was suppose to be 32k but I negotiated to 34k. This is a rare occasion with negotiating for a research position.