University of Puget Sound

Relevance Date Difficulty

Campus Security Officer Interview

Campus Security Officer
Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Puget Sound.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within a few weeks. Scheduled for a initial screening interview which covered basic qualification and overview of the position. Then called back for a second and final interview more in depth.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Puget Sound in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was on campus for a single long day of interviews. (This was quite late in the season compared to other institutions doing similar searches.) I was not asked to teach a class, simply to give a presentation at the end of the day, followed by an open forum in which anyone could ask questions. My hosts mismanaged the schedule and I missed an important visit with Human Resources due to the confusion.

Interview Question – Lots of standard questions, but I was also asked what I would change about the curriculum. I'd not been asked that before and, in retrospect, it was a clue that they were in some turmoil internally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable. I was able to negotiate on the size of my startup funding only. I later learned that I could have negotiated relocation expenses as well.

Worked for University of Puget Sound? Contribute to the Community!