University of Puget Sound Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Puget Sound

Campus Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Puget Sound.

Applied online and was contacted within a few weeks. Scheduled for a initial screening interview which covered basic qualification and overview of the position. Then called back for a second and final interview more in depth.

Interview Questions

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Puget Sound in April 2009.

I was on campus for a single long day of interviews. (This was quite late in the season compared to other institutions doing similar searches.) I was not asked to teach a class, simply to give a presentation at the end of the day, followed by an open forum in which anyone could ask questions. My hosts mismanaged the schedule and I missed an important visit with Human Resources due to the confusion.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of standard questions, but I was also asked what I would change about the curriculum. I'd not been asked that before and, in retrospect, it was a clue that they were in some turmoil internally.   Answer Question
    Salary was not negotiable. I was able to negotiate on the size of my startup funding only. I later learned that I could have negotiated relocation expenses as well.

Worked for University of Puget Sound? Contribute to the Community!