University of Rhode Island

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Rhode Island

Interview Details – Application for graduate school, Gre and Toefl score, statement of purpose, placement exams

Interview Question – Placement exam, Heracles groups to join   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Kingston, RI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Rhode Island.

Interview Details – Search Committee process. Conducted telephone interview first,then was scheduled for follow-up interview on site.

Negotiation Details – Salary was set and could not be negotiated.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Rhode Island.

Interview Details – In selecting who gets an assistantship, URI seems like they are trying to centralize the process. However, there remains no in person interview before selection. Hiring is done strictly via resume/CV, cover letter, and references.

Interview Question – Since there was no interview, I would say the most difficult question I got was on arriving to campus to meet the faculty and staff. It was something along the lines of "Do you think you could help some of the new teaching assistants out in setting up for the semester? Some of them have no real experience." While meant as a compliment, I'm sure, it stood to reason that they did not care enough to have a proper training program in place...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were most flexible in terms of accepting the extended offer. I had requested more time and they agreed immediately.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Rhode Island? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Rhode Island interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Rhode Island employees and interview candidates.