University of Rochester Medical Center

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Updated Jul 6, 2014

2.0

Mid Level Provider Interview

Initial contact with recruiter, 1st interview with department Provider, 2nd interview with Chair, takes a couple weeks to 1.5 months to get final offer depending on department and number of interviews yet to be done

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a terribly difficult or unexpected question. I don't mind interviews, they're not anxiety provoking for me.   Answer Question
    Difficult. I didn't get a clear answer from the department although dealing with the center for advance practice providers was very satisfactory.

PhD Student Interview

Based on prior school experience, visit different people you're interested in -- if they like you they recommend you. Questions are based on what you know and what they do; generally speaking, it wasn't difficult.

No negotiation

Information Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center.

Apply online via HRMS Job Opportunities Website. Afterwards you will be contacted via email or phone for an in- person interview. Once that is completed, you maybe have 1-2 more in- person interviews with other higher ranking officials within the department. If you make it through those steps, you will be offered a position by HR.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an experience where you had a challenge(s) and how you overcame it?
      What is your greatest weakness and how will this position aid in your ability to improve on this weakness.

Answer Question
    Salary was non negotiable at the time.

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center.

very friendly and got the chance to talk to people at all levels

Postdoctoral Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center in June 2011.

Standard research job interview. Mostly based on publication history, interpersonal skills, relevant scientific knowledge and responsiveness to job posting. Depending on the department and level, you might meet with other people in the division or department. The actual contracts now for Postdocs are a mere one year. This really limits what can be done in terms of applying for grants.

Pharmacy Technician-Inpatient Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center in June 2011.

Application, resume and cover letter were submitted online and I received a call several weeks later about setting up an interview. They were very flexible around my current work schedule and we set up an interview over the phone for about a week later. The interview was 1:1 with one of the supervisors. It consisted of discussing my resume, the expectations of the job, the department philosophy and changes that they had recently been making, and a tour of the department. The interviewer only asked me three standard interview questions. The interviewer was very personable and seemed more interested in learning about my interest, personality and standards than hearing the "correct" answers to a bunch of questions. Have questions prepared to ask, they seemed really impressed with preparedness. The pharmacy is a very busy place and quite noisy from what I perceived.

Interview Questions
    • If asked to describe you, what would your mast recent employer probably say?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you think a good supervisor should have?   Answer Question

Health Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center in May 2011.

I was contacted by email to meet with the woman who was leaving the position. We spoke for ~30 minutes. She reviewed my resume with me and asked some questions about my experience. It was a very relaxed interview. She told me that I would be scheduled for a 2nd interview with the researcher. I was notified by email the next day that the 2nd interview would be a week later. That interview was more formal. I think the researcher was not comfortable in the role of interviewer. We spoke for ~30 minutes, and I knew I would not be getting an offer for the position when I left.

Interview Questions
    • How would you communicate to team members that a deadline was approaching and they had to have their materials ready in time?   View Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center in August 2010.

I contacted the principle investigator by email, and it turned out that he was looking for a postdoc with many of the technical skills I had. We scheduled a phone interview. We may have had one or more additional phone interviews. Eventually we set a time for me to come in and meet the other lab members, and present my graduate research.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were scientific in nature, and/or related to how I would fit in with the other people in the lab. Nothing was really out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate to a limited extent. I would say this is dramatically better than most postdocs, who must simply accept the salary and benefits that are available.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center in June 2010.

I sent my resume and cover letter to the contact person for the position and was called within a couple of business days for an interview. Every team member from the research study interviewed me separately. The next day, I was called to complete an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about your current position?   View Answer
    There was no reeom for negotiation as the research study was grant funded.

Medical Technologist - Cytogenetics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center in October 2009.

I applied online and submitted my resume in person separately. I heard back within two weeks and had an interview that same week. The interview went well, it was very easy. There weren't any skill tests, intelligence test, personality tests, or group/panel interviews. The position was misrepresented as 'banker hours' and most aspects of the job were sugar-coated.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected interview questions asked for this interview.   Answer Question