University of Rochester Interview Questions in Rochester, NY

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Rochester in February 2015.

Applied online in December. At the beginning of January I got invitation for an interview weekend event over the phone by professor. For the first day, we just hung out with other applicants and the graduate students. The next day I was interviewed by three different professors.

Interview Questions
    • Assuming had unlimited funds, describe an experiment you would conduct.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant/Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Rochester in February 2013.

I applied 2/7.I got a call 2/11. First interview with the Dept Administrator and Dept HR Rep on 2/14, took about 1.5 hours. They contacted me 2/15 and asked me for references and a second interview on 2/18 to meet with the Department Chairs and the Department Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Staff. I came in, had 3 separate interviews lasting about 2 hours total. They had me come in at the end of the day, so everyone would be in their office but the physicians still ended up running behind and did not make it for the second interview. So they asked me to come back again for a 3rd interview. I requested that they schedule it after hours because I currently work 8 to 5 but they still scheduled it on 3/4 at 3pm. I again paid for parking and took more time off for work. I met with the rest of the physicians. It lasted 2 hours again.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate your employees to complete a difficult task?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at University of Rochester in July 2011.

I applied they called me in for an interview, I went in and interviewed with my direct boss who hired me.

Interview Questions
    • none that I can think of, it was pretty straight forward   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Rochester in April 2011.

University of Rochester physics graduate school application, Based on GPA, GRE, letters of recommendation and Research experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Rochester in March 2011.

I applied via an online application system and came to a prospectives' weekend event in early March. Over the course of two days I had five faculty interviews and 10+ student interviews. Each interview was half an hour long, and could range from technical questions to a short Q&A about the interviewer's research. There were also many informal conversations with graduate students.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Rochester in February 2011.

I applied online, sent the application package by mail and got the on site interview in late January.

Interview Questions
    • One of the faculty member asked me about my summer vacation, really unexpected one!
      The interview is very chill and casual. It seems like the main purpose is getting to know the applicants and showing them around.

Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Rochester in February 2011.

I had applied online for Information Analyst position. I received from hiring manager for 1:1 interview. Interview went for 45 min. Few HR questions and then few statistical questions- regression analysis and Excel/SAS/Stata skills. It wasn't too hard.

No negotiations.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Rochester in November 2010.

After submitting my email through a horrible online system. I received a call and spoke with somebody in the department. After that I came in for three small group interviews. Following that I had another 1:1 interview. After that I had a day of 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • many interviews focused on their level of expertise not what would be required of somebody in another position. That made it difficult as it felt as though we were connecting.   Answer Question
    There was none. I had included a set scale for salary and they hired me at the high end of it.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Rochester in September 2010.

It was pretty relaxed - I showed up, answered some standard questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, what are you studying, etc.). I had almost no work experience at the time so it was really more personality based: they were just looking for a friendly person they'd enjoy working with who'd show up on time and get their stuff done.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Rochester in February 2010.

submit the application, online and mail
    phone interview