University of Rochester Interview Questions in Rochester, NY

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online in December. At the beginning of January I got invitation for an interview weekend event over the phone by professor. For the first day, we just hung out with other applicants and the graduate students. The next day I was interviewed by three different professors.

Interview Questions

• Assuming had unlimited funds, describe an experiment you would conduct.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent my CV first to get myself a 30min interview. Then an one-hour oral presentation of my work was scheduled. After the presentation, I had 15min individual talks to some professors and the chair in the department. A number of detailed technical questions from my supervisor was the last part of the day.

Interview Questions

• what do I want to get from the postdoc experience   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I had the interview in my professor's office. He introduced a lot about his recent research to me and showed some results from previous research. I was interested in that research so I decided to be his research assistant.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this research?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant/Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied 2/7.I got a call 2/11. First interview with the Dept Administrator and Dept HR Rep on 2/14, took about 1.5 hours. They contacted me 2/15 and asked me for references and a second interview on 2/18 to meet with the Department Chairs and the Department Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Staff. I came in, had 3 separate interviews lasting about 2 hours total. They had me come in at the end of the day, so everyone would be in their office but the physicians still ended up running behind and did not make it for the second interview. So they asked me to come back again for a 3rd interview. I requested that they schedule it after hours because I currently work 8 to 5 but they still scheduled it on 3/4 at 3pm. I again paid for parking and took more time off for work. I met with the rest of the physicians. It lasted 2 hours again.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate your employees to complete a difficult task?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I met with the entire office for the position I applied for. Everyone was kind and welcoming. I met with clusters of people separately. It was a bit daunting. There had been no one in my position previously, so I did not get the chance to ask them many questions that was relevant.

Parking Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview was about 15 minutes long. Person had to read questions off of paper. He was more nervous than I was. I was not shown around the area. A very brief description of the job was given

Human Resources Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied they called me in for an interview, I went in and interviewed with my direct boss who hired me.

Interview Questions

• none that I can think of, it was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting an interview, I came in for the interview, which lasted about an hour, and was later offered the position. During the interview I toured the lab, met other lab members and spoke with other faculty. I received an email offer for the position about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• To describe my thought process when working through a problem in my current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

University of Rochester physics graduate school application, Based on GPA, GRE, letters of recommendation and Research experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied via an online application system and came to a prospectives' weekend event in early March. Over the course of two days I had five faculty interviews and 10+ student interviews. Each interview was half an hour long, and could range from technical questions to a short Q&A about the interviewer's research. There were also many informal conversations with graduate students.