University of San Francisco

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

1.9

Residence Hall Front Desk Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of San Francisco.

The application process was simple. It is on the Residence Life website; just be wary of deadlines. Beyond that, you were scheduled an interview with one of the Residence Life managers and he/she asks pretty basic questions such as: 1. How would you handle a conflict with a resident 2. How would you respond to someone who has a question that you do not know how to answer 3. Name a time you worked well with others 4. What would you do in an emergency, etc.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it is a set salary. However, you do get to pick in a lottery-type system your schedule/shifts.

Research Assistant Interview

My professor asked me to choose either RA or TA, and I chose RA. That's all.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of San Francisco.

I met my supervisor at a local volunteer organization (we were both volunteers). She found out I had a masters, and that was it. There wasn't really an interview per se (though she did speak with someone I had worked under as an intern).

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at University of San Francisco in January 2014.

Appllied online. Heard back over 2 months later to arrange initial 1 hour phone interview with hiring manager, who seemed very pleasant and friendly in emails. On phone interview, she did a lot of the talking and her questions seemed to be read off a template list. She didn't seem to be listening well my amswers, as she often would follow up to a respons asking the same exact thing I just discussed in detial with examples (not sure if that was intentional to throw me off, but it didn't seem very professional, specially since her background was in Career Consulting). So I didnt feel the first interview went great, but I felt I handled myself well and was articulate. But I didnt think I would move forward in the interview process, instead I was asked to come in for what was intended to be a 1/2 hour interview meeting with each staff member individually...The interview started with a tour of the department (nice touch, which put me at ease)...then all my interviews lasted an hour each (so 3 hours total) and included me showing them my professional portfolio (in which they seemed quite impressed), some interesting scenarios and also a sense of humor. I got a good feeling from all of them, but again didn't feel the hiring manager was a great listener. But overall, it went well and they told me about next steps to meet upper management, so I thought I would hear from them soon. I immediately followed up with each staff member individually with very thoughtfull thank you emails detailing our discussions, to which not even one of them replied...I found this awkward and off-putting considering what seemed to be a strong interview, to not even send a quick reply...I know university hiring processes can be slow, so I waited 3 weeks after not hearing back to confirm my interest, let them know I had another potential offer and needed to respond within a week and politely asked for a status update...a week later and still nothing. I just find it very unprofessional, not in standing with the university's mission and misleading, specially when you are working in Student Services where you need to be responsive and are not allowed to just ignore emails...but it's better to see what kind of people you're dealing with before hand and realize that first impressions are not always sincere.

Interview Questions
    • How would you guide an international student to package him/herself against US students applying for the same positions?   Answer Question

Student Assistant II Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of San Francisco in July 2013.

The interview questions were like: 1. Why you apply for this job? 2. If your coworker cannot finish his or her job, how will you help him or her? 3. If you don't know how to do the work assigned from your supervisor, what would you do?

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. It's all about your personality.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant for ITS, Just asked some common questions

Interview Questions
    • what will you do when you have different opinions with your manager   Answer Question

Office Assistant VIII-Academic & Enrollment Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of San Francisco in October 2012.

I applied online and 3 weeks later got called in for an interview. The job I applied for was very different from the job I was interviewed for.

The job posting didn't even contain the word billing yet I was being interviewed as a billing specialist. So basically be prepared to go over every part of your experience because you will have no idea why they picked you.

The interview consisted of three people asking different questions. Some related to the job some not. They said they would get back to me by next week, then I got an e-mail shortly after I got home saying they were not interested.

I still would like the job that was posted and I applied for but I'm guessing that job never existed.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of San Francisco in October 2009.

It was very efficient and easy. With schedule matched up, job description given. I got the job right away. After a few weeks of training, I can basically just work on my own

Adjunct Professor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of San Francisco in May 2009.

I was hired after a very basic interview with the head of the department. He had a great deal of freedom in hiring and because we already knew each other, there was really little question of whether I would be hired or not. The interview mainly consisted of going over my graduate school experience and the focus of my grad school work. Then there were questions about how comfortable I was teaching the basic classes that would be available to me.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions were about dealing with difficult students and pedagogy.   Answer Question

Gym Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of San Francisco in January 2009.

They take you in for a one on one interview, and ask you the typical interview questions. Why do you think you are qualified for this position? What past jobs/education have you had that prepared you for this position? Very laid back and easy going interview, took one session and got hired immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What jobs/education qualify you for this position?   View Answer