University of South Alabama

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.6

Web Design Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at University of South Alabama.

The hiring process took about a year because the university went on a hiring freeze immediately after my first interview. The interview was not challenging, mostly me talking about my experience. Intially interviewed with HR and then passed to the department hiring.

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were behavioral so look at behavioral interview questions and be able to sell yourself and your resume.   Answer Question
    negotiate your salary--- do not accept the first offer

Secretary IV Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of South Alabama.

Typing test and interview with human resources following by referral to department for interview with immediate supervisor.

There was no negotiation. I was new to the university system and had 15 years secretarial experience yet I was only offered the bottom line salary range which was $10,000 below local industry standard for the same position. However, upon weighing the need for health insurance and other benefits, I accepted the offer.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of South Alabama in June 2013.

A very friendly environment, with better than expected benefits.

Simple and fast.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of South Alabama in September 2010.

I applied for my position and was contacted within a week by Human Resources. I spoke on the phone with the person I would be working for and an interview was set up. I was notified shortly after the interview and was offered the job.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of South Alabama in August 2007.

You sit with professors and are asked questions of interest