University of South Carolina

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.5

Webmaster Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of South Carolina.

Applied through USC's job site and was called in by employer within 2 weeks for interview. Interview took about 30 minutes but left feeling like I was a solid candidate for the position. I could tell it was a laid back environment but you were expected to get the job done.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult challenge related to web design and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Fitness Staff Interview

Very easy. You go speak with the fitness supervisor in his closet office in the weight room. He won't talk about anything specifically. If he likes you, or if you are a good looking girl, you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • There are absolutely no difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of South Carolina.

Applied online and got a call within 12 hours, scheduling me for an interview within the next 6 hours. Then they called me back within 24 hours to tell me I was hired. Really quick at contacting me and getting the process done. The interview itself was very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • In your previous job, what did you do if you had an irate customer?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of South Carolina.

I was interviewing to enter the Integrated Biomedical Science PhD program. This was a two day process. The first night in town they put us all in a hotel and took us to dinner with current PhD students. The next day consisted of tours of the campus and research facilities, lunch with more graduate students, and interviews with faculty. I believe each person had to interview with four faculty members.

Interview Questions
    • What new research technology are you most interested in?   Answer Question

Residential Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of South Carolina.

The hiring and interview process takes course over a couple of months and is very detail oriented. There are three stages that each candidate that is successful in matriculation must go through. Overall, it is a nice experience and if given the opportunity one should take it.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews are not hard, it may be stressful answering scenario based questions. The majority of all questions asked are not meant to mislead only to gauge the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

some very specific questions, research oriented

Accountant/Fiscal Manager III/Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Received call from HR who was rude and put the position down that I was interested in. I interviewed and did very well. Discovered later they already had a person in place. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some questions regarding my experience which clearly showed they had not even read my resume'.   View Answer

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Very professional, kind and gracious, thorough, personable, made candidate feel valued.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about vision of service to the school- expected. Unexpected: questions debating particular points of research, for which one could not really prepare.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

The hiring process included an interview and a campus visit.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of South Carolina.

The best way to get this position is to find a professor in your area of interest and contact him directly. If he wants you for his research group you have a great chance to get accepted in the program.