University of South Carolina

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview Details – I was interviewing to enter the Integrated Biomedical Science PhD program. This was a two day process. The first night in town they put us all in a hotel and took us to dinner with current PhD students. The next day consisted of tours of the campus and research facilities, lunch with more graduate students, and interviews with faculty. I believe each person had to interview with four faculty members.

Interview Question – What new research technology are you most interested in?   Answer Question

Accountant/Fiscal Analyst II Interview

Accountant/Fiscal Analyst II
Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of South Carolina in January 2012.

Interview Details – Typical questions about my experience and background. Why do I want the position? What are my strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses is always a hard question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The benefits are good though.

Residential Assistant Interview

Residential Assistant
Aiken, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process takes course over a couple of months and is very detail oriented. There are three stages that each candidate that is successful in matriculation must go through. Overall, it is a nice experience and if given the opportunity one should take it.

Interview Question – The interviews are not hard, it may be stressful answering scenario based questions. The majority of all questions asked are not meant to mislead only to gauge the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question

Graduate Instructional Assistant Interview

Graduate Instructional Assistant
Columbia, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of South Carolina in August 2011.

Interview Details – GRE, TOEFL and finally you have to clear an in house eligibility exam. Then you are appointed as a teaching assistant at different departments in the university.

Interview Question – The extempore session where you have to teach a topic.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Just appointment

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Columbia, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of South Carolina in April 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted a University employee about potential opportunities on campus for part-time students. They set me up with an on-campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Had to wait a couple weeks to hear back but eventually got the job.

Interview Question – What makes a brand successful?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at University of South Carolina

Interview Details – some very specific questions, research oriented

Interview Question – they are are related with the research area   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of South Carolina in July 2010.

Interview Details – Process was a bit lengthy for an administrative position. However, the department had just gone through a difficult experience with an employee that previously held this position. They required interviews with management and upper management. Environment was friendly and interview questions were suitable for the position. Once the interviews were completed they made the offer quickly.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Had to go in at an entry level position and salary, however they did give me a chance 6 months in to begin working on the technical area.

Accountant/Fiscal Manager III/Controller Interview

Accountant/Fiscal Manager III/Controller
Aiken, SC

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview Details – Received call from HR who was rude and put the position down that I was interested in. I interviewed and did very well. Discovered later they already had a person in place. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – I was asked some questions regarding my experience which clearly showed they had not even read my resume'.   View Answer

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Visiting Assistant Professor
Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview Details – Very professional, kind and gracious, thorough, personable, made candidate feel valued.

Interview Question – Asked questions about vision of service to the school- expected. Unexpected: questions debating particular points of research, for which one could not really prepare.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

Interviewed at University of South Carolina

Interview Details – The hiring process included an interview and a campus visit.

Interview Question – The interview questions were fair.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of South Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of South Carolina interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of South Carolina employees and interview candidates.