University of South Dakota Interview Questions in Vermillion, SD

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of South Dakota

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vermillion, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of South Dakota (Vermillion, SD) in March 2015.

Interview

They host an interview day and you get the chance to meet the faculty and current students. A lot of the day is informal meetings with students and faculty, then there is a time for 1:1 interviews with professors. Throughout the day, they are checking to see if you "fit well" in the program. After the formal day ends, there is a potluck, then an after party with the students. It gets to be a very long, stressful day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself... (it's a very obvious thing to expect at an interview, but it's an easy way to see if someone has prepared for the interview)   Answer Question

Community Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vermillion, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Dakota (Vermillion, SD) in November 2014.

Interview

When the school is in need of positions, it will send out e-mails to students in order to gain applicants. When you go through the application and get two references, one being a USD housing staff and the other a non-housing professional reference and attend a mandatory information meeting about the position, you will be guaranteed an interview.

Interview Questions

• Is it more important to be liked or respected by your hall's residents? What is the most difficult thing you had to go through during school or work? Name a situation where you had to adjust to change. What will you do when a student will not abide to housing policy?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vermillion, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Dakota (Vermillion, SD) in August 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, and was called for a follow up in-person interview on campus. The whole process was very fast and streamlined. Felt very comfortable the whole time. The questions were pretty standard. Nothing really stood out to me as being abnormal or unique.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Senior Building Maintenance Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vermillion, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of South Dakota (Vermillion, SD) in December 2009.

Interview

Usual application process, then phone interview, then face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because I was overqualified for the position, I asked to start at the top of the pay scale (which I was granted) with the promise that the position would be later upgraded (which it never was).