University of South Florida Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Administrative/Senior Tech and Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of South Florida in July 2012.

Very nerve wracking; I was a temp and it took them months to decide if they wanted to make me a permanent employee. I was desperately looking for another job in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I had already been working the position for seven months; they interviewed me like I just walked in off the street, other employees should be aware and ready for this. It was unexpected that they started from ground zero.   View Answer
    No negotiation... as a matter of fact, as a temp i made $500 more than when I became permanent. This was 2012, I was given the base pay for that particular position.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of South Florida in September 2010.

Contacted quickly after submission of application materials; interview was comfortable, not rushed, allowed me to ask numerous questions regarding the position requirements, duties, and responsibilities; application process was efficient; new employee orientation was comprehensive and included extensive information regarding all benefits, eligibility timeframes, and other related resources; hiring authority contacted me via telephone to offer the position and was understanding when I informed her that I would like 2 days to consider it

Interview Questions
    • From your understanding of the position as we have discussed, what would be the most difficult duty or responsibility for you to successfully accomplish?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was available. Salary was noted and I was informed that no negotiation was possible since this was the salary figure included in the budget.

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of South Florida in October 2010.

The questions were quite detailed to make sure I had the technical knowledge to perform the job duties. Also to ensure working and getting along with other people is important.

Interview Questions
    • Can you get along with difficult people and how do you overcome the attitudes?   View Answer
    I asked for the highest and settled somewhere in the middle.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of South Florida in June 2013.

The process involved two Interviews. This job has multiple bosses and multiple projects simultaneously occurring. However, the interview process for a technician appears to be conditional to the hiring lab. Some labs may require a skills test and/or knowledge test based on specific experimental procedures necessary to certain projects.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of South Florida in August 2011.

I had previously consulted with the hiring manager and was known to her professionally. When the position became available, a shared colleague suggested a fit. The hiring process began with a quick conversation about the role. After completing an application, I was invited to participate in a telephone interview. The interview included a small committee. I was asked to come in for a small-group interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions dealt with procedural matters...   Answer Question
    The position was funded from a grant and the salary offered was written into the contract. I was able to negotiate a pleasing amount of variety and autonomy of assignments consistent with the grant.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of South Florida in January 2013.

Do not interview here!
    1. They dont know how to interview. So many illegal questions were asked! Office secretaries trying to talk salary and benefits!
    2. sneaky and uncomfortably personal questions!
    3. Offering unsolicited advise to find out where all the candidate has applied!!
    The Director of the School lied in writing over emails on how no one was being hired! and then hired 3 people from the search!
    4. Nobody was prepared. Nobody had read the CV. people constantly got my qualifications and schools wrong!

Interview Questions
    • You have been exceptionally successful to date. Whats your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Purchasing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of South Florida in October 2010.

The process was about three months

Interview Questions
    • The interview was passive and was not hard or challenging.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, requested the top of the salary offered.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of South Florida in May 2013.

I was first called over the phone, i was asked about my resume and whether or not i had references to submit. Nothing much about salary was discussed over the phone but i was asked about the length of employment i was looking for. At the actual interview it was more formal than i expected, i was shown around the facilities and asked about my experience in different techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the most unexpected conversation was regarding the professors actual research, not much of it was published and i was new to the field.   View Answer
    I wasnt able to negotiate, they told me what their rate was and that it wouldn't change.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of South Florida in December 2009.

Interview was cool, but not simple. I applied for a GA where work was related to programming and web development. Most question were based from my resume, the kinda work that I had done in past. Just be yourself.

It was hourly GA position, so negotiation was out of question.

Academic Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of South Florida in July 2012.

I was initially contacted by email to set up an on site interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was one on one with the Director (direct reports to).

The questions were very standard interview questions, behavioral in nature.

Describe your greatest weakness/strength. What are you doing to help your weakness?
    3 words to describe yourself.
    Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to your supervisor, how did you handle the situation?

Interview Questions
    • The question was not unexpected, but it was difficult because it related to a software system this position would use heavily that I had no experience with. The system is not widely used and it wasn't expected that many (if any) candidates would have knowledge of the system, but answering honestly was key.   Answer Question
    Negotiations took only a few days. I was contacted with an initial offer the day after my one on one interview. I countered to the high end of the advertised range and was offerred my requested amount about 3 days after the initial offer.

Worked for University of South Florida? Contribute to the Community!