University of Southampton Research Fellow Interview Questions

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

2 stage hiring process: first stage a written proposal for the research, second stage a 20 mins interview with a panel of people. The interview include a ppt from my side before moving to the questions from the interviewers. Questions spanned from technical to more general ones about managing the research project proposed.

Interview Questions

• What would the University/research unit lose if they decided not to hire you, in term of competitiveness on the research agenda?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was quite clear from the beginning so no much space for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Southampton

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southampton in November 2007.

Interview

Interview mostly centered around my research and my plans for future research. Also on my motivation in this field and how open I was to relocate.

Interview Questions