University of Southampton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow
Southampton, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Southampton in May 2011.

Interview Details – 2 stage hiring process: first stage a written proposal for the research, second stage a 20 mins interview with a panel of people.

The interview include a ppt from my side before moving to the questions from the interviewers. Questions spanned from technical to more general ones about managing the research project proposed.

Interview Question – What would the University/research unit lose if they decided not to hire you, in term of competitiveness on the research agenda?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was quite clear from the beginning so no much space for negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Southampton in November 2007.

Interview Details – Interview mostly centered around my research and my plans for future research. Also on my motivation in this field and how open I was to relocate.

Interview Question – Explain PhD in one sentence.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Southampton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Southampton Research Fellow interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Southampton employees and interview candidates.