University of Southampton Interview Questions in Southampton, England

Legal(Research and Innovation Services) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Position: Legal Internship for 12 months. Applied online, then invited to an interview via email. I was interviewed by three people. Interview lasted 45 minutes. The Head of IP and Contracts was very nice and tried to make me feel comfortable. However, I was very stressed because the other interviewers weren't very friendly. I couldn't do my best because I was very stressed.

Post Doctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

have a view of the labs, and then 35 mins questions

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Job advertised online. Applied to job through University of Southampton online system. Fill in online forms: provide evidence to demonstrate that you have the skills for the job. Upload a CV and cover letter. HR email invite to interview. Interview conducted by principal investigators. After interview, HR email offer.

Interview Questions

• I had to give a presentation on previous work as well as three potential research avenues I would follow if I were to join the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Thank-you for your interest in respect of our advertised graduate position. Unfortunately for the advertised role we do not feel your skill-set sufficiently ties up with what we are looking for in these roles, and therefore we have decided to decline your application. I wish you all the best for the future in your studies.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

2 stage hiring process: first stage a written proposal for the research, second stage a 20 mins interview with a panel of people. The interview include a ppt from my side before moving to the questions from the interviewers. Questions spanned from technical to more general ones about managing the research project proposed.

Interview Questions

• What would the University/research unit lose if they decided not to hire you, in term of competitiveness on the research agenda?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was quite clear from the beginning so no much space for negotiation.