University of Southern California

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California in August 2010.

Interviewed with 2 managers, then the HR Director. I was then asked to come back the following week to interview with the rest of the office staff, including the payroll manager, which was odd. The interview wasn't very deep or probing, but rather shallow and easy. Of a staff over over 15, all were women. There was a very odd feeling on the panel interview. I could tell that there was not any synergy or teamwork within the group.

Interview Questions
Horrible. I was told during the screening process that the salary range was open, depending on experience. When I was offered the position, I was told that the position was budgeted for 20,000 less that was I was currently making, so "what's the least you'll take?" I was forced to come down to 5K less than what I was making, then I was told they might not even approve of it, so if it wasn't, I wouldn't get the job. The worst process I have ever experienced.