University of Southern California

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.6

Lab Technician I Interview

the lab professor asked about my future goal, my research experience, whether I can work with mice, etc. Every question was related to laboratory work, and all were expectable. The professor also asked if I have question about the job and research. Actually, I only prepared for answering the question, so it was little bit embarrassing. I think it is good to bring some questions to ask to the professor.

Payroll Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California.

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Next, I was invited to participate in an in-person interview. Interview took roughly 30 minutes. All basic questions to get to know the candidate. Wait time for a response is around two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions. Ask to describe yourself. Why did you choose to apply for this position? Do you work well in high stress environment?   Answer Question

Grader Interview

There was no interviews at all. The professor sent an email to students who have completed that course. If you are interested in the job, just send an email to professor. The professor will make his choice.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at University of Southern California in October 2014.

Received an email about scheduling an interview. Interview went well asked normal questions about last positions and schooling. Asked for references. was told to email references after interview. waiting for job offer as we speak.

Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California.

Typically, you will receive an email if they want to meet you. The next step is for you to have an interview. They're open to skype. You will have to come well prepared and know facts and history about the university. Make sure your experience is relevant to the job you're seeking. Sell yourself. Tell them why you want to work for USC.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    There was no need for me to negotiate.

Program Director, Center for Urban Education (CUE) Interview

I was referred by an outside consultant, who was assisting the organization with their search. Those present in the interview included: Drs. Besimon, Dowd, and Wong (the Center's founder and co-director, the co-director, and the executive director respectfully). It was almost immediately obvious that my CV/resume and cover letter were not carefully reviewed in advance of my interview. As a result, the interview lacked focus and direction. There was a lot of skipping around, and the interview felt more like they were simply interested in obtaining free consulting advice than filling a position for which they had a clear vision. Many of the questions were a colossal waste of time since the questions posed were simply basic information that were obviously reflected in the first page of the CV/resume. Within 10 minutes, it appeared that they were not entirely sure they intended to fill the position. I had a sense that not everyone was on the same page about why the position was created, what the vision for the position was, how the position 'fit' in the overarching organizational structure, could the responsibilities be met by an existing staff member. In the end, I do not believe that the position was every filled...confirming my initial suspicions. All in all, the experience was not unpleasant, but it WAS a waste of my time since it was obvious they were not truly committed to filling the position. On the positive side...everyone I met was polite and very professional.

Research Lab Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California.

The interview process went very smoothly. I interviewed with several different staff members and their questions were reasonable re: my experience and expectations for this position. They were very transparent about the job's scope of work and responsibilities over the next calendar year. The interviews were highly professional and challenging but the interview environment was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How does this job fit into your career plan over the next decade?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California.

To obtain a position as a research phlebotomist with the USC-UCLA Center for
    Population Health and Health Disparities to use my medical science background as a
    Licensed Phlebotomy Technician I and Certified Medical Assistant. With over 8 years
    of experience supporting and executing the standards of phlebotomy practice and
    medical assistance, I am also reliable, punctual and able to work well with others, be
    flexible and provide a positive contribution to the USC studies.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Southern California.

Graduate Application, this is a standard process. There is not an interview. You complete the application, and if you're resume and undergraduate work is good enough, you may get accepted ingot he graduate program

NA

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California.

Received an email three weeks after submitting an application. Phone interview was requested and I was told to prepare for it lasting thirty minutes. When the day arrived for the phone interview, I was asked several basic questions and if I had any questions regarding the role. I asked several, and the interview ended. It lasted a total of eight minutes. I received a follow up email promptly the following week alerting me that they would be pursuing other candidates.