University of Southern California

83 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Research Volunteer Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Southern California in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met a professor whose classes I had attended earlier, and asked to provide an opportunity for working as a student researcher. He obliged, based on my past credentials. My past background in mechanical engineering and my overall high scores in the courses attended at USC, especially those taught by the professor, provided him with the assurance he required to hire me.

Engineering Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Southern California in October 2011.

Interview Details – After I submitted my resume through the company online, I was contacted to have an phone interview. Then, processed to have on-site interview and got offer

Interview Question – What kind contribution can you connect between your PhD study and our company?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Resident Advisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Southern California in February 2008.

Interview Details – To get to the interview stage, you have to take a 2 unit, no credit, prerequisite class: EDCO 030. Your participation and involvement in this class is the most important part of the decision process. Your final for this class is part of the interview process. Then on the actual interview day, dress business-like and prepare for 3 interviews.

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Southern California in August 2010.

Interview Details – The questions were primarily based on my resume and things related to the Lab and the ongoing research

Interview Question – How will recognize a particular object moving in space using a regular web camera? Which algorithm would you use for it and why?   Answer Question

Clinician Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Southern California in January 2008.

Interview Details – Was well known to project manager from working in nearby related facility and was contacted about opening.

Interview Question – Describe your past experience with stressful/multitasking situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't successful at making salary demands but I have learned since that if they really want you, they will find a way to meet your needs. I did request an additional week of vacation (and got it) when salary expectations were not met. This was negociated with the Principal Investigator of the study, NOT the HR department.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Southern California in January 2013.

Interview Details – 3-4 technical rounds will ask you develop a software product and demo it.
First Round is written test where you will be asked technical theory question on algorithms, datastructure, HTML, CSS , Databases and Aptitude etc.

Second Round will be There will be on the spot question while you demo it.

Third round will be the same as the second round where they will as you to develop a very small working prototype in their office within a couple of hours

Finally there will be face to face interview with others

Interview Question – How will you design a information retrival system for 50GB data in file system (no database querying allowed) to give result within 3sec always   View Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in March 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, I got emails from 3 recruiters. They arranged two technical phone interviews.
Both interviews consisted of questions about my previous experiences, algorithms, programming. I was required to write codes to implement solutions I suggested to the algorithm/programming questions. Both interviewers were friendly, and especially, one of them seemed to be really experienced: While I was implementing the problem in C, every time I made a small mistake, he noticed it on-the-fly.
After phone interviews, next day, I got an email saying that interviews went well, and they would move to the next level, which was finding a host for me. It was mid-March and I haven't got back from them (today is 4/19). :(
When I emailed one of the recruiters, he told me "be patient. there are no guarantee..." So, I'm still waiting, and will see what will happen.

Eng Interview

Marina del Rey, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Southern California in November 2009.

Interview Details – First I applied online thru an agency. Next I had a telephone screening with the project manager. Then I had a group interview in person, where I had to write a mini operating system. Finally I met a director.who will make the final decision. I had also met with two persons in human resources.

Interview Question – Can you write an OS with a scheduler and messaging?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they pay 10% less than industry.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
East Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of Southern California in September 2011.

Interview Details – Began with phone interview followed by a team interview and then two 1:1 interviews. Took a bit too long between steps.

Interview Question – How would you handle being micro managed?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

PhD Candidate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Southern California in December 2009.

Interview Details – -Submit an application online

Interview Question – Mathematics and statics and physics quetions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Taugh

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern California

Worked for University of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Southern California interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Southern California employees and interview candidates.