University of Southern California

Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.6

Research Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California in May 2011.

Met a professor whose classes I had attended earlier, and asked to provide an opportunity for working as a student researcher. He obliged, based on my past credentials. My past background in mechanical engineering and my overall high scores in the courses attended at USC, especially those taught by the professor, provided him with the assurance he required to hire me.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California in October 2011.

After I submitted my resume through the company online, I was contacted to have an phone interview. Then, processed to have on-site interview and got offer

Interview Questions
    • What kind contribution can you connect between your PhD study and our company?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California in December 2009.

-Submit an application online

Taugh

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Southern California in January 2008.

Was well known to project manager from working in nearby related facility and was contacted about opening.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your past experience with stressful/multitasking situations.   Answer Question
    I wasn't successful at making salary demands but I have learned since that if they really want you, they will find a way to meet your needs. I did request an additional week of vacation (and got it) when salary expectations were not met. This was negociated with the Principal Investigator of the study, NOT the HR department.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California in March 2010.

After submitting my application, I got emails from 3 recruiters. They arranged two technical phone interviews.
    Both interviews consisted of questions about my previous experiences, algorithms, programming. I was required to write codes to implement solutions I suggested to the algorithm/programming questions. Both interviewers were friendly, and especially, one of them seemed to be really experienced: While I was implementing the problem in C, every time I made a small mistake, he noticed it on-the-fly.
    After phone interviews, next day, I got an email saying that interviews went well, and they would move to the next level, which was finding a host for me. It was mid-March and I haven't got back from them (today is 4/19). :(
    When I emailed one of the recruiters, he told me "be patient. there are no guarantee..." So, I'm still waiting, and will see what will happen.

Interview Questions
    • histogram question   Answer Question
    • reversing UTF8 string.
      condition: you don't know the length of each UTF8 word, should program in C.

Answer Question

Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California in November 2009.

First I applied online thru an agency. Next I had a telephone screening with the project manager. Then I had a group interview in person, where I had to write a mini operating system. Finally I met a director.who will make the final decision. I had also met with two persons in human resources.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they pay 10% less than industry.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Southern California in February 2008.

To get to the interview stage, you have to take a 2 unit, no credit, prerequisite class: EDCO 030. Your participation and involvement in this class is the most important part of the decision process. Your final for this class is part of the interview process. Then on the actual interview day, dress business-like and prepare for 3 interviews.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Southern California in August 2010.

The questions were primarily based on my resume and things related to the Lab and the ongoing research

Interview Questions
    • How will recognize a particular object moving in space using a regular web camera? Which algorithm would you use for it and why?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California in September 2011.

Began with phone interview followed by a team interview and then two 1:1 interviews. Took a bit too long between steps.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California in January 2013.

3-4 technical rounds will ask you develop a software product and demo it.
    First Round is written test where you will be asked technical theory question on algorithms, datastructure, HTML, CSS , Databases and Aptitude etc.

Second Round will be There will be on the spot question while you demo it.

Third round will be the same as the second round where they will as you to develop a very small working prototype in their office within a couple of hours

Finally there will be face to face interview with others

Interview Questions
    • How will you design a information retrival system for 50GB data in file system (no database querying allowed) to give result within 3sec always   View Answer