University of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.6

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied through the school career website, heard back within three days and interviewed the following week. Interview was very relaxed, simply met one on one with the supervisor of the business office. Interview questions were very basic and asked about English proficiency and an ability to use standard office programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Company first emailed me after finding my resume on line. Asked to setup a call, facetime or skype interview. I opted for the phone interview. The interviewer called at scheduled time he went through a series of standard questions such as, "Tell me about yourself", "What are you strengths"...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience streamlining or optimizing a business process and give examples.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Single FTF interview, interviewed by the supervisor and the director. Got a reply in 10 days from the date of the interview. Major point of discussion was communication skills as the position required someone with that quality.

Campus Cruiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was very casual, but the environment is fast paced and a little stressful. The interview was not too long, and the interviewer was nice and to the point. They asked very basic interview questions and nothing took me by surprise. Overall, it was good.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

the interview process was quiet lengthy, as I had to go through 4 interviews
    the interview questions were more behavioral, not so much skill-related
    I had a phone interview, then interview with director of the group, then an interview with both my manager and director and finally the CEO

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Went to work study fair where they were tabling, chatted with potential employers and dropped off resume, was contacted a few days later via phone about the position and to schedule an interview time, went to my interview, and was called back shortly to tell me I got the position

Interview Questions

• Please go over your resume
      What is your availability?
      Tell me about an instance where you had to overcome a challenge

Answer Question

USC Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The worker will show you around the working environment and ask you whether you are interested in or not, ask some basic mechanical questions and fluid questions. My academic advisor is the director of this lab and the leader of the lab was also student of USC, this help builds a strong connection

Interview Questions

• Some basic software questions and mechanical questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I got an interview from the Work Study part of my financial aid. They called me in for an interview during the summer to start in the Fall right away. They just wanted to see if I was committed to my hour that I was scheduled for

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Emailed professor overseeing research a few writing samples and resume. Also sent him a few relevent financial models and analyses I had done in the past. We met and talked about my interest in the project, he explained that it would be done while I was in graduate school and that it would require lots of initiative on the part of the associate, as it was not necessarily going to get published. It did eventually get published, though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

$35/hour of research was offered, non-negotiable. I thought this was pretty good so I accepted. Very informal due to nature of assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online, got phone interview pretty quick. Behavioral questions. How closely you paid attention to what the interviewer said really mattered, cuz he asked at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None