University of Southern California

Relevance Date Difficulty

SCA Student Worker Interview

SCA Student Worker
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview Details – Call for applicants was sent out the students of SCA.
I sent in a resume by email and coordinated an interview time.
I was interviewed by the two faculty whom I would work for. The interview was to the point and well executed.
We ended up getting along well and chatting afterward.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was clearly related to technical requirements and personal capability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for student worker positions.

Very Easy Interview

Business/Budget Analyst Interview

Business/Budget Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview Details – submitted an application online and was called for interview a week later

Interview Question – none. the interview was plain and simple. this job isn't brain surgery, nor does the interviewer make it seem that way.   Answer Question

Technical Artist At the Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) Interview

Technical Artist At the Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview Details – I was recommended by my school professor who knew one of the project leads at ICT. They were looking for an art intern who could enter metadata for a new filing system that was being developed but had to know specifics of the art process pipeline. I interviewed with the lead artist then interviewed with 4 other staff members who had no knowledge of art development or its processes.

Interview Question – I was asked questions in regards to programming because some of the staff I was interviewing with were software programmers and not artists.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was just out of school so I took the first offer that was given to me,.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at University of Southern California in August 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview and person to person interview and decision

Interview Question – no difficult ones   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in February 2010.

Interview Details – The application, transcripts and test scores you send to the Graduate Admission Office are evaluated to ensure that they meet the minimum standards set by USC and the academic department to which you are applying.
The application is then forwarded to your department, where it is collated with the required supplemental materials (e.g., portfolio, writing samples) you have supplied.
An admission committee consisting of departmental admission officers and faculty members specializing in your field of study review all your application materials and make a final decision. Decisions on the awarding of fellowships and assistantships are also made at this time.
You receive a letter from the USC Dean of Admission, notifying you of your admission status.

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at University of Southern California in May 2012.

Interview Details – Online application and phone interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Research Programmer Interview

Research Programmer
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied the intern there, and got hired after intern. The interview is dependent on the project. Every project leader will have different interview.

Front Desk Worker Interview

Front Desk Worker
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Southern California in August 2012.

Interview Details – Asked me how I heard about the program and if I was interested in any of the programs minors. I was interviewed by the advisor for Information Technology Program (ITP) and she went through my resume and experiences with me.

Interview Question – Why I wanted the job?   Answer Question

Chief Information Security Officer Interview

Chief Information Security Officer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in April 2010.

Interview Details – After email and phone screens by HR and IT Directors, flew me out to USC, put me up in a hotel near the campus property. Following day, the HR Director drove me over to the IT organization's building for a full day of group interviews.

Interview Question – Standard questions--environment was not very modern, nor were skill sets of current employees there so really began downplaying things so I wouldn't get an offer (lol).   Answer Question

Cafe Assistant Interview

Cafe Assistant

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview Details – i just dropped some resumes at the campus center and told them i need a part-time job, they said they were full at that time, but they would tell me if they have available positions. two weeks later, i got a call that said i was hired.

Interview Question – it was pretty easy.   Answer Question