University of Southern California

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.6

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

USC send an email notifying that they accept us as a graduate student. A few weeks later, they will send us a letter of acceptance by mail, which we should complete and send it back. Next thing is, they will send us an I-20 (for non-US citizen) and USC booklet. Last but not least, there will be a professor who will contact us

Interview Questions
    • Basically, the question is about our research experience, which should be easy to answer for a graduate student   Answer Question

Summer Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California.

Simple Interview w/ hiring staff

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Southern California.

Phone interview, simple questions. I think that could be very different for other positions, but in my case I was applying for a position for which I guess a very specific skill set was needed (risk analysis) and I happened to be a good match for it.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions like, tell me about yourself or how do you see yourself in ten years times   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, postdocs get standard salaries.

PhD Student Interview

Talk about experience on algorithm research, any rewards, research direction. Some detailed breakthrough while dealing with a hard problem. Plans on further research.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed breakthrough on dealing with a hard problem. Sometimes, I have explain as detailed as I can. But the project I made was large.   Answer Question

Wanna gain experience on career development but not research.

Research Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California in April 2013.

I applied the intern there, and got hired after intern. The interview is dependent on the project. Every project leader will have different interview.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California.

university of southern california graduate school is really friendly in terms of interview. as long as you demonstrate your true passion for your future research and capacity of accomplishing your graduate study (here I mean ph.d), you are likely to be enrolled. and stipend was good too, for graduate student. work and study. what can i say? it is a good choice if you are looking for higher education experience with certain pay.

Libraries Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California.

there is only one interview and questions are quite basic. Asking about advantages of personalities which would contribute to do better job

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Southern California.

Found out about position through former employer who knew researcher. The researcher/professor called me in, and we had one interview 1-1.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, and she pretty much had a fixed number in mind.

Engineering Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California.

I initially heard about the opening from a part time employer. I ignored the opening until I had grown weary of having 2 part time jobs.
    The process is based on an online form that is archaic. The job may already be promised but for legal reasons they have to post it. So you may be wasting time. Never give a salary requirement unless it is necessary. Otherwise you might not even get a second look. If you do have normal salary requirements, most of the jobs won't pay it.
    The interview was nothing special. I think they were already hoping I would fit.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a question that was unexpected. I got answers that I didn't expect. i.e. you have to pay for your own parking and the work week is 37.5 hours.   Answer Question
    no negotiation was available. Like it, lump it, or leave it.

Part-Time Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern California in January 2013.

The interview is simple and easy.

I didn't negotiate.