University of Southern California

www.usc.edu

University of Southern California Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Southern California in April 2010.

Interview Details – I found the position through a connection. First had two phone interviews and then was invited to give a talk and interview with everyone in the lab.

Interview Question – What salary are you looking for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation after the in-person interview.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Southern California in August 2007.

Interview Details – Better than my last employer (UCLA). The interview was fairly informal, talked about past work and some small chit chat. I supposed in academia, it really depends on the personality of the professor that dictates the interview process, rather than the whole institution as a whole. It would help if you knew somebody who worked or knows that person. After that, all the paperwork and other stuff was not too bad.

Interview Question – What would be your detailed plans with regards to our project.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!