University of Southern California Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2014
Updated May 18, 2014

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Southern California.

Initial contact was by phone with immediate hiring manager discussing skill set. Was invited for an on site visit and spoke to other members of the lab before giving a lab presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked technical questions regarding data on the lab presentation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Southern California

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at University of Southern California.

Phone interview, simple questions. I think that could be very different for other positions, but in my case I was applying for a position for which I guess a very specific skill set was needed (risk analysis) and I happened to be a good match for it.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions like, tell me about yourself or how do you see yourself in ten years times   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, postdocs get standard salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Southern California.

Phone interview. Presentation to the lab. More chatting on the phone about projects and work environment. Extremely trivial process as the lab is very new and not experienced.w

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation, but that obviously didn't get very far as it's a joke. Was desperate for a job, so I took it! It's the recession man!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Southern California in May 2010.

It was a normal interview. The first one was a Skype interview followed by a physical interview and a presentations. The people are nice and it went well.

Interview Questions
    • It was a scientific interview and they asked many questions.   Answer Question
    Postdoc is not a money making industry, so you will not gain so much by negotiation. However, for time being I am making enough money to move to next steps.

Worked for University of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!