University of Southern California
www.usc.edu Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

University of Southern California Project Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in March 2009.

Interview Details – I sent in a cover letter and resume through a public policy job site and was called for a phone interview, then invited for an in-person interview with the director and project manager. The questions were straight-forward and I felt at ease, especially since the interviewers seemed a bit awkward themselves!

Negotiation Details – I had never negotiated before so I didn't ask for anything except for paid parking, which they could not give me - I later learned that they don't even give paid parking to faculty.

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in April 2011.

Interview Details – Informal interview

Interview Question – Very informal, found out about position through a referral from another USC employee. Was hired based on my educational background, personality, and a good fit for the position/USC. I met with my future boss, discussed their research/goals and explained my background. Was hired on the spot!   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Told of salary requirements, and was assured they would be met. Didn't find out until after accepting and working on the job that my salary would not be raised. I'm not happy about that at all.

Project Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Southern California in June 2012.

Interview Details – Educational background, personality, and working experience for the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about your thesis?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern California

Worked for University of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Southern California Project Specialist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Southern California employees and interview candidates.