University of Southern California Project Specialist Interview Questions

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Southern California in June 2012.

Educational background, personality, and working experience for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Southern California

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California in April 2011.

Informal interview

Interview Questions
    • Very informal, found out about position through a referral from another USC employee. Was hired based on my educational background, personality, and a good fit for the position/USC. I met with my future boss, discussed their research/goals and explained my background. Was hired on the spot!   View Answers (2)
    Told of salary requirements, and was assured they would be met. Didn't find out until after accepting and working on the job that my salary would not be raised. I'm not happy about that at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California in March 2009.

I sent in a cover letter and resume through a public policy job site and was called for a phone interview, then invited for an in-person interview with the director and project manager. The questions were straight-forward and I felt at ease, especially since the interviewers seemed a bit awkward themselves!

I had never negotiated before so I didn't ask for anything except for paid parking, which they could not give me - I later learned that they don't even give paid parking to faculty.