University of Southern California

www.usc.edu

University of Southern California Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in February 2010.

Interview Details – The application, transcripts and test scores you send to the Graduate Admission Office are evaluated to ensure that they meet the minimum standards set by USC and the academic department to which you are applying.
The application is then forwarded to your department, where it is collated with the required supplemental materials (e.g., portfolio, writing samples) you have supplied.
An admission committee consisting of departmental admission officers and faculty members specializing in your field of study review all your application materials and make a final decision. Decisions on the awarding of fellowships and assistantships are also made at this time.
You receive a letter from the USC Dean of Admission, notifying you of your admission status.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Southern California in May 2007.

Interview Details – personal intervew, very short, got offer immediately

Interview Question – what's your strength for doing reserach   View Answer

Interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview Details – I applied to study in the graduate school. The application begins in October every year, and I was informed for a phone interview. In the interview, most of the questions are related to basic science and my undergraduate experience. I got the offer to an interdisciplinary program in medicine school.

Interview Question – a very specific question on my research   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Assistant

The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Southern California in April 2007.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call after 3 months of review. I believe the most crucial part of the entire process is the recommendation. It would not be possible without the support of my Professors.

Interview Question – Describe your research experiences.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!