University of Southern California

www.usc.edu
  www.usc.edu

University of Southern California Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Southern California in March 2010.

After submitting my application, I got emails from 3 recruiters. They arranged two technical phone interviews.
Both interviews consisted of questions about my previous experiences, algorithms, programming. I was required to write codes to implement solutions I suggested to the algorithm/programming questions. Both interviewers were friendly, and especially, one of them seemed to be really experienced: While I was implementing the problem in C, every time I made a small mistake, he noticed it on-the-fly.
After phone interviews, next day, I got an email saying that interviews went well, and they would move to the next level, which was finding a host for me. It was mid-March and I haven't got back from them (today is 4/19). :(
When I emailed one of the recruiters, he told me "be patient. there are no guarantee..." So, I'm still waiting, and will see what will happen.

Interview Questions
  • histogram question   Answer Question
  • reversing UTF8 string.
    condition: you don't know the length of each UTF8 word, should program in C.
      Answer Question