University of Southern Indiana

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern Indiana

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern Indiana in September 2010.

The company posted an internship opportunity through Career Services. After applying for the job, I was called in to sign up for an interview. Interview took only 20 minutes where I was asked about my past experiences and what I can bring to the table. The lady was nice in her approach and explained well what I will be doing if I was chosen to be the intern. After one week, they called me to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself? Why you chose to apply for this internship?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a slight increase in my hourly pay. The initial offer was higher than what I was offered. Consider getting more experience in graphic design and web design as it will set you away from the rest while performing certain job assignments.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Southern Indiana in January 2010.

The interview was very basic, asking about my experience and how I could make sure I had enough time for both my classes and working. I think the interview was mostly to gauge how well I would fit in with the department. There was only one interview and they called me the next day with their job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to succeed in your classes while also taking on a part time position?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. Almost all student workers get the same hourly pay.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Southern Indiana.

I was contacted by the department to come in for an interview. I did two interviews, one with the current administrative assistant, followed by the department director. It was very relaxed, general questions about my experience and education, and to the point. No tricky or oddball questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.