University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions

3.2

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking to set up a phone interview. From there, I scheduled a phone interview and a few days later got a phone call asking to schedule a on-campus interview. On my on-campus interview, I had three different interviews. First round one-on-one, second round panel of students, and third round panel of higher ups.

Interview Questions

• If you were a raindrop and you could fall anywhere in the world where would it be and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

The interview spanned 2 days of interviews, presentations, dinners, and meetings. The people appeared very nice and seemed to be a great place to work. There were signs of the problems that arose in the future that, had I been more experienced, I would have noticed.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pre-scripted and not unexpected. However, the real estate agent that took us on a tour of the city asked some personal questions because she remembered meeting me six years prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They informed me that they wanted to hire me and would be submitting a request for my contract. I did not negotiate the pay or terms, but wish I had.

Moving Crew Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in August 2011.

Interview

I called the human resources manager who brought me in for a interview, first with him, and finishing with the Assistant Director of the Physical Plant. The interview was very laid back. The job called for physical labor so the questions asked were mainly about past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever preformed manual labor?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in September 2010.

Interview

It is a very rigorous series of interviews and group tasks as you apply for this job interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were to have a disagree with your supervisor, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Student Support Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in June 2012.

Interview

The online application process did not work. Tried working with their HR dept. but they were only helpful when I went to the office in person. Emailing them was a waste of time. It did eventually get fixed, but only after the face-to-face exchange (which was pleasant).

The phone interview was disappointing because I could not hear the interviewers. I asked them to repeat questions, but they did nothing to increase their volume. I wish phone interviewers would start picking up the receiver when they talk.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to separate your personal goals from your professional goals?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in November 2011.

Interview

After phone interview got campus visit invitation appx 2 weeks after phone interview.
    Friendly, Inadequate facilities but planned for renovation

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to the South.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in January 2010.

Interview

friendly people and warm process. enjoyed the whole thing.