University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions

3.2

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

I applied online and received an email asking to set up a phone interview. From there, I scheduled a phone interview and a few days later got a phone call asking to schedule a on-campus interview. On my on-campus interview, I had three different interviews. First round one-on-one, second round panel of students, and third round panel of higher ups.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a raindrop and you could fall anywhere in the world where would it be and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

The interview spanned 2 days of interviews, presentations, dinners, and meetings. The people appeared very nice and seemed to be a great place to work. There were signs of the problems that arose in the future that, had I been more experienced, I would have noticed.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pre-scripted and not unexpected. However, the real estate agent that took us on a tour of the city asked some personal questions because she remembered meeting me six years prior.   Answer Question
    They informed me that they wanted to hire me and would be submitting a request for my contract. I did not negotiate the pay or terms, but wish I had.

Moving Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in August 2011.

I called the human resources manager who brought me in for a interview, first with him, and finishing with the Assistant Director of the Physical Plant. The interview was very laid back. The job called for physical labor so the questions asked were mainly about past work experience.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in September 2010.

It is a very rigorous series of interviews and group tasks as you apply for this job interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to have a disagree with your supervisor, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Student Support Director Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in June 2012.

The online application process did not work. Tried working with their HR dept. but they were only helpful when I went to the office in person. Emailing them was a waste of time. It did eventually get fixed, but only after the face-to-face exchange (which was pleasant).

The phone interview was disappointing because I could not hear the interviewers. I asked them to repeat questions, but they did nothing to increase their volume. I wish phone interviewers would start picking up the receiver when they talk.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to separate your personal goals from your professional goals?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in November 2011.

After phone interview got campus visit invitation appx 2 weeks after phone interview.
    Friendly, Inadequate facilities but planned for renovation

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in January 2010.

friendly people and warm process. enjoyed the whole thing.