University of Surrey

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Administrative Assistant/Engineering Department Interview

Student Administrative Assistant/Engineering Department
Guildford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Surrey in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email which was giving me the details of the interview. There was only one interview which was competency based and which was checking whether the person meets all of the competencies required by the university. The people in the engineering department are really friendly and the culture is flexible.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are the right person for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got an offer after I passed the interview and I accepted it by email.

Very Easy Interview

Research Officer Interview

Research Officer
Guildford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Surrey in August 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interview and onsite interview depends on your location. it was formal and asked some competence questions

Interview Question – what is your goal in the next 5 years? will you aim to replace your director?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. very low salary scale.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Guildford, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Surrey in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy overall, just few quick question regarding past experience and relevant knowledge to handle the course.

Interview Question – Do you have relevant experience of the subject   View Answer

Worked for University of Surrey? Contribute to the Community!