University of Tennessee Interview Questions in Knoxville, TN

Updated May 26, 2015

2.5

Construction Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Flew in on own dime to interview. Was able to meet with chancellor (dept head) per my request as part of relocating with my spouse but was interviewed and evaluated by directors beneath him

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult clients (i.e. professors)   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

I went in. They Talked. I answered. It was a great process. I don't know what else to say here. The whole process was great and easy and they were nice.

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the HR job site, and then was contacted by phone to schedule an in-person panel interview with the PR & Marketing staff (there was no phone interview beforehand). There was a second in-person interview with higher ups in the university (Vice Chancellor). I ended up not wanting to take the position, so I didn't mind not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• No crazy interview questions; just asked about my skill set.   Answer Question

Counselor/Professional Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

Contacted by phone to request a phone interview, and again by phone for in-person interview. Was provided an itinerary for the day and was expected to give a 30min presentation. Met with hiring committee, office staff, select university staff, and ate lunch with director. Full reimbursement for travel.

Interview Questions

• Was given student scenarios and asked how I would approach the situation. Somewhat like a "case-study" given in graduate school.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took the first offer which was comparable according to the salary research I had done for the position prior. Was also told that that was the highest the FTE line could could allow at that time.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

All contact with the University of Tennessee was very professional and kind. From the very start of the hiring process there were many steps that were clearly explained that needed to be followed throughout the hiring process. The initial interview was panel style. There was one hall director, one assistant hall director, and two current resident assistants. The questions were well thought out, and reasonable. I felt that the initial panel interview was fair.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

I sent in a resume. They called me in. Showed me around and put me to work. It was strange, but I didn't complain at the time. Boy, was I in for it. I went from a specific set of work expectations as a sys admin to climbing through wire chases and getting bitten by animals at the Vet School

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in July 2009.

Interview

Site visit and sit-down interview with approximately 6 faculty/staff

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in February 2009.

Interview

Went through my background as software engineer and discuss the position. He is a senior manager in the team, and is looking for someone who was up to the latest .Net Framework and owned the experience of publicly demonstrate a new technology. I wasn't using .Net 4.0 at the time so I didn't pass the phone interview, but it was good experience to know what aspect they were looking for on a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What teaching experience you have in terms of new technology?   Answer Question