University of Tennessee Interview Questions in Tennessee

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Administrative Support Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through taleo, then I got a phone call a month later in regards to an interview. The interview environment was nice and calm. The ladies there took me back to meet the head of the department and four of them sat with me to talk. The overall interview was an hour and fifteen minutes long and we discussed a lot of things. It was perhaps the most positive and welcoming interview I have ever had.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

They sent me the hours and asked for me to send in an application. They then emailed me for an interview. When i came in they had two individuals interviewing me for the position.

Construction Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Flew in on own dime to interview. Was able to meet with chancellor (dept head) per my request as part of relocating with my spouse but was interviewed and evaluated by directors beneath him

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult clients (i.e. professors)   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

I went in. They Talked. I answered. It was a great process. I don't know what else to say here. The whole process was great and easy and they were nice.

Gameroom Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Martin, TN).

Interview

No real interview process. Get the job by buddying up with a current worker.

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the HR job site, and then was contacted by phone to schedule an in-person panel interview with the PR & Marketing staff (there was no phone interview beforehand). There was a second in-person interview with higher ups in the university (Vice Chancellor). I ended up not wanting to take the position, so I didn't mind not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• No crazy interview questions; just asked about my skill set.   Answer Question

Senior Research Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

There was one interview with three people. It was not difficult they asked your typical questions. The three people took turns asking simple questions. They said they would take a week to make a decision but it did take a little longer. The interview was easy however their human resources department is a little unorganized. I had to go twice to fill out paper work because they forgot to give me some of the paper work the first time.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical questions. Describe a time you were involved in a work confrontation. They asked about my skill set. They also asked me to relate my current job to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

one phone interview one onsite interview The onsite was a panel interview with people from various departments The onsite was a panel interview with people from various departments The onsite was a panel interview with people from various departments The onsite was a panel interview with people from various departments

Counselor/Professional Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

Contacted by phone to request a phone interview, and again by phone for in-person interview. Was provided an itinerary for the day and was expected to give a 30min presentation. Met with hiring committee, office staff, select university staff, and ate lunch with director. Full reimbursement for travel.

Interview Questions

• Was given student scenarios and asked how I would approach the situation. Somewhat like a "case-study" given in graduate school.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took the first offer which was comparable according to the salary research I had done for the position prior. Was also told that that was the highest the FTE line could could allow at that time.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Memphis, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, HR called for an interview appointment, met with a panel of managment, later was offered position. It was in a closed office with 2-3 people asking a variety of job related skills.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit and how will your present skills be used? Are you willing to work hours other than regular M- F?   Answer Question