University of Texas System

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews

Strategy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screening then on campus visit. met 13 people including dean.

Interview Question – What do you plan to do to contribute to this dept. your first year.   View Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

Interview Details – I contacted UT HSC for a position of Asst Prof advertized in Science magazine. I had a phone interview initially with the members of the Search Committee and then was invited to an official job interview in Houston. Interview consisted of 1 hour presentation of my results and 1 hour 30 min presentation of my future plans next day and also 1 on 1 interview with faculty members.

Interview Question – Are you married?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in February 2010.

Interview Details – For this particular interview, the professor contacted me through email. On the interview day, there were 2 professors interviewed me. During the interview, they explained the project to me very clearly and brought me to the laboratory. After that, they started to ask me tons of questions. From what i remembered, the below are the questions that they asked.

1. Tell me more about yourself?
2. Why should we hire you?
3. What is your major strength and weakness?
4. what was your thesis project? Please explain the details
5. What were the skills that you learn during your graduate study

Interview Questions

Office Manager Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with secretarial staff/directors and assistant vice president.
The questions were silly and the atmosphere was negative.
There appeared to be no diversity in those who were interviewing me.

A question asked, "What type of ceral I would be if I could be one?'" is irrelavant."

Interview Question – What type of ceral would you be if you could be one?   View Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in February 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring manager was cool. He really seemed supportive. Interview was like a personality test kind of thing. No personal questions. Purely professional. No skill testers. May be a few real time questions asking us about how would we handle a situation. Result will be given right after the interview.

Interview Question – How would you react with an angry customer ?   View Answer

Research Coordinator Interview

Research Coordinator
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

Interview Details – Long delay between applying for job online and being contacted for interview. Interview only consisted of meeting immediate supervisor. Offer made my HR rep. Salary was extremely low compared to other offers for similar positions in the same area. HR was adamant that their offer was competitive but it was $12,000 less than my other offers.

Interview Question – No unusual or difficult questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary offer was extremely low.

IT Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in June 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview was scheduled around 1 week in advance. While scheduling the interview, I was advised that it will be a 1:1 phone conversation with the hiring manager. The actual interview, however, had around 5 or 6 people on the call, using a speaker phone. It was difficult to keep track of who was who, especially because of a poor speakerphone environment.

Interview Question – mostly behavioural questions focused on dealing with conflict   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Math Tutor
Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for the position of math tutor first, and then the process is we are asked to give couple or may be 3 subject math tests, whose difficulty levels were really high, and only people with strong hold on math could make it through. the grading system was very fair. I performed really nice on the test and my employer was very much impressed with my performance and thus I had the job.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2009.

Interview Details – ask some behavior questions

Interview Question – what are you going to do after graduation?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details – Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.

Interview Question – Put enough effort on the personal statement.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Texas System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Texas System interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Texas System employees and interview candidates.