University of Texas System

28 candidate interviews

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

Interviewed at University of Texas System

Interview Details – Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.

Interview Question – Who was a your favorite teacher growing up and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details – Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Question – No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then panel interview in person.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Instructional Technology Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2011.

Interview Details – very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

Negotiation Details – none

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in June 2009.

Interview Details – called, offered/scheduled interview
first interview with group
wait 1 week
email/schedule 2nd round
second group interview
wait 1 week
not hired email

Interview Question – why should we hire you over any of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

Interview Details – The initial job posting is done through the on campus Career center recruiting.
The interview consisted of making a presentation to the employer based on the requirements.
The actual interview consists of questions from the presentation and some technical materials.
The questions where generally from C/C++/JAVA
The presentation is from JAVA servlets and JSP

Interview Question – What are the computer languages are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Design

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in August 2008.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online. Contacted by recruiter. 2 phone interviews.

Library Web and Technology Services Assistant Interview

Library Web and Technology Services Assistant
Richardson, TX

Interview Details – I applied through our University career page for part time jobs. The position required basic web skills along with some computer hardware knowledge and as I already had a personal page, the employer saw it and gave me a call for an interview. During the day of the interview, there was a panel of three people who interviewed me. They all were very nice and made me feel very relaxed. The following questions were asked:
1) One interviewer showed me a printout of a HTML page which had a small list of items and asked me which tags were used to create this list.
2) Other interviewer had opened a CPU box and asked all the components inside it.

Interview Question – which HTML tag is used to create an unordered list??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in January 2010.

Interview Details – They try to find out if you are capable of completing tasks as a RA.

Interview Question – Do you have experience in Data processing, Stata, SQL   Answer Question

Chem Research Associate Interview

Chem Research Associate
Odessa, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very simple, I had already completed one and a half years of undergraduate research with my boss and upon graduating with my degree he asked me to work for him full-time on his grant.

Interview Question – What do you think we could do to improve the process for the uses of biomass as a fuel?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Texas System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Texas System interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Texas System employees and interview candidates.