University of Texas System

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.5

Student Worker Interview

Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Texas System.

Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   View Answer
    No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System.

Phone interview, then panel interview in person.

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System in November 2011.

very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

none

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System.

I applied online at hirealonghorn job site and then I received an availability schedule to fill out and return via email or in person and within a few days I was called in for a group interview/briefing that lasted about 40min

Interview Questions
    • very easy, the "interview" was more of a casual talk and briefing on how the job was going to be   Answer Question
    none

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System in June 2009.

called, offered/scheduled interview
    first interview with group
    wait 1 week
    email/schedule 2nd round
    second group interview
    wait 1 week
    not hired email

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you over any of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

The initial job posting is done through the on campus Career center recruiting.
    The interview consisted of making a presentation to the employer based on the requirements.
    The actual interview consists of questions from the presentation and some technical materials.
    The questions where generally from C/C++/JAVA
    The presentation is from JAVA servlets and JSP

Interview Questions
    • What are the computer languages are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Design Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System in August 2008.

Submitted resume online. Contacted by recruiter. 2 phone interviews.

Library Web and Technology Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through our University career page for part time jobs. The position required basic web skills along with some computer hardware knowledge and as I already had a personal page, the employer saw it and gave me a call for an interview. During the day of the interview, there was a panel of three people who interviewed me. They all were very nice and made me feel very relaxed. The following questions were asked:
    1) One interviewer showed me a printout of a HTML page which had a small list of items and asked me which tags were used to create this list.
    2) Other interviewer had opened a CPU box and asked all the components inside it.

Interview Questions
    • which HTML tag is used to create an unordered list??   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System in January 2010.

They try to find out if you are capable of completing tasks as a RA.