University of Texas System Interview Questions

2.5

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online at hirealonghorn job site and then I received an availability schedule to fill out and return via email or in person and within a few days I was called in for a group interview/briefing that lasted about 40min

Interview Questions

• very easy, the "interview" was more of a casual talk and briefing on how the job was going to be   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

PeopleSoft Access Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed first on the phone and then in person. The phone interview was very basic but when I interviewed 1 on 1 the questions were a good bit more difficult. I didnt feel like I did all that well in the interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me about integration broker and I was not at the time very fluid with it   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, I accepeted

Assistant Professor, Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas System (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

They were two interviews one phone call and face -to face

Salary to low

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Phone interview, then panel interview in person.

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Interview was approximately 1 hour with a panel of 3 people--the assistant director of the dept and 2 potential colleagues. Questions were pretty standard and dealt with specific job experience and technical skills. After the interview there is a 45 minute assessment (pen and paper) that requires you to write syntax for data management and analysis using SAS.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas System (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

I was an international student. I had a master of science in electrical engineering prior to joining UT Dallas. Basically, I sent my resume to the graduate office and after processing my application, they contacted me. I also contacted a professor in EE department to financially support me and he offer an assistantship.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Your resume will speak   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.