University of Texas System Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2009.

ask some behavior questions

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2010.

Met with secretarial staff/directors and assistant vice president.
    The questions were silly and the atmosphere was negative.
    There appeared to be no diversity in those who were interviewing me.

A question asked, "What type of ceral I would be if I could be one?'" is irrelavant."

Interview Questions
    • What type of ceral would you be if you could be one?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in January 2010.

They try to find out if you are capable of completing tasks as a RA.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in June 2010.

I was interviewed for the position of math tutor first, and then the process is we are asked to give couple or may be 3 subject math tests, whose difficulty levels were really high, and only people with strong hold on math could make it through. the grading system was very fair. I performed really nice on the test and my employer was very much impressed with my performance and thus I had the job.

Library Web and Technology Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

I applied through our University career page for part time jobs. The position required basic web skills along with some computer hardware knowledge and as I already had a personal page, the employer saw it and gave me a call for an interview. During the day of the interview, there was a panel of three people who interviewed me. They all were very nice and made me feel very relaxed. The following questions were asked:
    1) One interviewer showed me a printout of a HTML page which had a small list of items and asked me which tags were used to create this list.
    2) Other interviewer had opened a CPU box and asked all the components inside it.

Interview Questions
    • which HTML tag is used to create an unordered list??   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in April 2010.

Interview was a pleasant experience, first met w/ administrator who was leaving, then with the professor who I would be working for. Administrator explained the requirements of the job, spoke w/ her for around 1/2 hours. then met one on one with the professor. he was a personable, relaxed fellow i would have enjoyed working for. i was hopeful that i was going to get an offer and was very disappointed when i didn't. when i called to follow up in a weeks time i got the impression i might have been the #2 pick, as the admin indicated that they were making someone else the offer, but they didn't know yet whether they were accepting

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will be bored w/ this job   View Answer

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 9 months - interviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

There were 2 visits with 2 rounds of interviews. Wonderful people,staff, and environment.

Low salary

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

Long delay between applying for job online and being contacted for interview. Interview only consisted of meeting immediate supervisor. Offer made my HR rep. Salary was extremely low compared to other offers for similar positions in the same area. HR was adamant that their offer was competitive but it was $12,000 less than my other offers.

Interview Questions

Salary offer was extremely low.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in February 2010.

For this particular interview, the professor contacted me through email. On the interview day, there were 2 professors interviewed me. During the interview, they explained the project to me very clearly and brought me to the laboratory. After that, they started to ask me tons of questions. From what i remembered, the below are the questions that they asked.

1. Tell me more about yourself?
    2. Why should we hire you?
    3. What is your major strength and weakness?
    4. what was your thesis project? Please explain the details
    5. What were the skills that you learn during your graduate study

Chem Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Odessa, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2008.

Hiring process was very simple, I had already completed one and a half years of undergraduate research with my boss and upon graduating with my degree he asked me to work for him full-time on his grant.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think we could do to improve the process for the uses of biomass as a fuel?   Answer Question