University of Texas System Interview Questions

2.5

Library Web and Technology Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System (Richardson, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied through our University career page for part time jobs. The position required basic web skills along with some computer hardware knowledge and as I already had a personal page, the employer saw it and gave me a call for an interview. During the day of the interview, there was a panel of three people who interviewed me. They all were very nice and made me feel very relaxed. The following questions were asked:
    1) One interviewer showed me a printout of a HTML page which had a small list of items and asked me which tags were used to create this list.
    2) Other interviewer had opened a CPU box and asked all the components inside it.

Interview Questions

• which HTML tag is used to create an unordered list??   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

There were 2 visits with 2 rounds of interviews. Wonderful people,staff, and environment.

Low salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System (Richardson, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview was a pleasant experience, first met w/ administrator who was leaving, then with the professor who I would be working for. Administrator explained the requirements of the job, spoke w/ her for around 1/2 hours. then met one on one with the professor. he was a personable, relaxed fellow i would have enjoyed working for. i was hopeful that i was going to get an offer and was very disappointed when i didn't. when i called to follow up in a weeks time i got the impression i might have been the #2 pick, as the admin indicated that they were making someone else the offer, but they didn't know yet whether they were accepting

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be bored w/ this job   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System (Richardson, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Met with secretarial staff/directors and assistant vice president.
    The questions were silly and the atmosphere was negative.
    There appeared to be no diversity in those who were interviewing me.

A question asked, "What type of ceral I would be if I could be one?'" is irrelavant."

Interview Questions

• What type of ceral would you be if you could be one?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

For this particular interview, the professor contacted me through email. On the interview day, there were 2 professors interviewed me. During the interview, they explained the project to me very clearly and brought me to the laboratory. After that, they started to ask me tons of questions. From what i remembered, the below are the questions that they asked.

1. Tell me more about yourself?
    2. Why should we hire you?
    3. What is your major strength and weakness?
    4. what was your thesis project? Please explain the details
    5. What were the skills that you learn during your graduate study

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

They try to find out if you are capable of completing tasks as a RA.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

called, offered/scheduled interview
    first interview with group
    wait 1 week
    email/schedule 2nd round
    second group interview
    wait 1 week
    not hired email

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you over any of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System (Richardson, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

ask some behavior questions

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas System (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

I was an international student. I had a master of science in electrical engineering prior to joining UT Dallas. Basically, I sent my resume to the graduate office and after processing my application, they contacted me. I also contacted a professor in EE department to financially support me and he offer an assistantship.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Your resume will speak   Answer Question

Chem Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Texas System (Odessa, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was very simple, I had already completed one and a half years of undergraduate research with my boss and upon graduating with my degree he asked me to work for him full-time on his grant.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we could do to improve the process for the uses of biomass as a fuel?   Answer Question