University of Texas System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Richardson, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2009.

Interview Details – ask some behavior questions

Interview Question – what are you going to do after graduation?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with secretarial staff/directors and assistant vice president.
The questions were silly and the atmosphere was negative.
There appeared to be no diversity in those who were interviewing me.

A question asked, "What type of ceral I would be if I could be one?'" is irrelavant."

Interview Question – What type of ceral would you be if you could be one?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in January 2010.

Interview Details – They try to find out if you are capable of completing tasks as a RA.

Interview Question – Do you have experience in Data processing, Stata, SQL   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Math Tutor Interview

Math Tutor
Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for the position of math tutor first, and then the process is we are asked to give couple or may be 3 subject math tests, whose difficulty levels were really high, and only people with strong hold on math could make it through. the grading system was very fair. I performed really nice on the test and my employer was very much impressed with my performance and thus I had the job.

Library Web and Technology Services Assistant Interview

Library Web and Technology Services Assistant
Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through our University career page for part time jobs. The position required basic web skills along with some computer hardware knowledge and as I already had a personal page, the employer saw it and gave me a call for an interview. During the day of the interview, there was a panel of three people who interviewed me. They all were very nice and made me feel very relaxed. The following questions were asked:
1) One interviewer showed me a printout of a HTML page which had a small list of items and asked me which tags were used to create this list.
2) Other interviewer had opened a CPU box and asked all the components inside it.

Interview Question – which HTML tag is used to create an unordered list??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was a pleasant experience, first met w/ administrator who was leaving, then with the professor who I would be working for. Administrator explained the requirements of the job, spoke w/ her for around 1/2 hours. then met one on one with the professor. he was a personable, relaxed fellow i would have enjoyed working for. i was hopeful that i was going to get an offer and was very disappointed when i didn't. when i called to follow up in a weeks time i got the impression i might have been the #2 pick, as the admin indicated that they were making someone else the offer, but they didn't know yet whether they were accepting

Interview Question – Do you think you will be bored w/ this job   View Answer

Faculty Interview

Faculty
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 9 months - interviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 visits with 2 rounds of interviews. Wonderful people,staff, and environment.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Low salary

Research Coordinator Interview

Research Coordinator
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

Interview Details – Long delay between applying for job online and being contacted for interview. Interview only consisted of meeting immediate supervisor. Offer made my HR rep. Salary was extremely low compared to other offers for similar positions in the same area. HR was adamant that their offer was competitive but it was $12,000 less than my other offers.

Interview Question – No unusual or difficult questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary offer was extremely low.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in February 2010.

Interview Details – For this particular interview, the professor contacted me through email. On the interview day, there were 2 professors interviewed me. During the interview, they explained the project to me very clearly and brought me to the laboratory. After that, they started to ask me tons of questions. From what i remembered, the below are the questions that they asked.

1. Tell me more about yourself?
2. Why should we hire you?
3. What is your major strength and weakness?
4. what was your thesis project? Please explain the details
5. What were the skills that you learn during your graduate study

Interview Questions

Chem Research Associate Interview

Chem Research Associate
Odessa, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very simple, I had already completed one and a half years of undergraduate research with my boss and upon graduating with my degree he asked me to work for him full-time on his grant.

Interview Question – What do you think we could do to improve the process for the uses of biomass as a fuel?   Answer Question