University of Texas System Interview Questions

2.5

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

Long delay between applying for job online and being contacted for interview. Interview only consisted of meeting immediate supervisor. Offer made my HR rep. Salary was extremely low compared to other offers for similar positions in the same area. HR was adamant that their offer was competitive but it was $12,000 less than my other offers.

Interview Questions

Salary offer was extremely low.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Texas System.

Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   View Answer
    No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Student Worker Interview

Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.

Lab Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System in May 2010.

The initial job posting is done through the on campus Career center recruiting.
    The interview consisted of making a presentation to the employer based on the requirements.
    The actual interview consists of questions from the presentation and some technical materials.
    The questions where generally from C/C++/JAVA
    The presentation is from JAVA servlets and JSP

Interview Questions
    • What are the computer languages are you familiar with?   Answer Question

IT Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System in June 2009.

The phone interview was scheduled around 1 week in advance. While scheduling the interview, I was advised that it will be a 1:1 phone conversation with the hiring manager. The actual interview, however, had around 5 or 6 people on the call, using a speaker phone. It was difficult to keep track of who was who, especially because of a poor speakerphone environment.

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioural questions focused on dealing with conflict   Answer Question

Design Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System in August 2008.

Submitted resume online. Contacted by recruiter. 2 phone interviews.

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

I contacted UT HSC for a position of Asst Prof advertized in Science magazine. I had a phone interview initially with the members of the Search Committee and then was invited to an official job interview in Houston. Interview consisted of 1 hour presentation of my results and 1 hour 30 min presentation of my future plans next day and also 1 on 1 interview with faculty members.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System in February 2008.

Hiring manager was cool. He really seemed supportive. Interview was like a personality test kind of thing. No personal questions. Purely professional. No skill testers. May be a few real time questions asking us about how would we handle a situation. Result will be given right after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react with an angry customer ?   View Answer

Senior Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas System in June 2007.

Online application, phone interview, in office interview